Juiceman

Well, put a fresh Cup of GFO in the reactor and tuned in the Very Light Tumble. Also switched the nossile on my Bio Pellet reactor. It had an induction nossile on it that kept getting clogged. Put a regular Loc Line nossile on it. Seems like it does the trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the losses buddy. I didn't get to mention that in the last post since I was in a rush.

I use the TLF reactor just fine for GFO but I only have 1-1.5 cups in there. Let me know if I can help replace anything you lost. I know the feeling of pulling out dead SPS colonies... it's no fun... and the smell is the worst!

Oh I'm sure it did. I could just totally see solenoid issues and gfo reactor issues tanking an SPS tank in no time flat. They control the two things, IMO, that are most pivotal to SPS success... PO4 levels and alk levels.

Placed a filter bag with 1 cup of Phosguard. Will test each day until it reaches .01-.03 and then remove. Should allow the GFO to catch up.

Careful not to yank it down too fast too. Sounds like a good plan though.

The package says it treats 300 gallons for the whole Liter container. I put in 1 cup from it which is about 1/8 of a Liter. My system is 340ish gallons so hopefully that's a good amount to pull it down gently

Sorry for the losses buddy. I didn't get to mention that in the last post since I was in a rush.

I use the TLF reactor just fine for GFO but I only have 1-1.5 cups in there. Let me know if I can help replace anything you lost. I know the feeling of pulling out dead SPS colonies... it's no fun... and the smell is the worst!

The funny thing is that the corals I lost were very common easy SPS. I lost Blue digi, Green Birdsnest, Green Seratopora, pink Birdsnest, Forest fire digi, Cali tort.

Pocillapore. Montipora

All other acros, milles, etc doing great and growing......

Even the red planet nub that I've have for like 2 years is finally growing.....

It's weird

Some iPhone pics for you.....

post-1783-143112379003_thumb.jpg

post-1783-14311238041_thumb.jpg

post-1783-143112381379_thumb.jpg

post-1783-143112382326_thumb.jpg

post-1783-143112383621_thumb.jpg

post-1783-143112384943_thumb.jpg

post-1783-143112386073_thumb.jpg

post-1783-143112386899_thumb.jpg

post-1783-143112387776_thumb.jpg

You can see the Monti and Pink Picillapore took a big hit. Red Planet, Purple Meridiana, Blue Mille, Green Efflo, blue Plana, Purple Stylo, Tricolor Valida, a Blue tipped Mariculture, etc could care less about what's going on!

Epiphany moment....

I tested my Phosphates 2 days ago, and they had dropped by .02.

Tested them today and the went up .05.....?! Hmmmmm

It was about 30 mins after my auto feeder fed the fish.....

That led me to check my auto feeder settings. Somehow my feeder has been running 4 times a day for the last few months despite me setting for it to run twice. Could that have been the cause of my high phosphates? I'm thinking so..

• Like 1

More findings everyday.

1 MP40 had a Snail in it and wasn't running (IDK how long)

1 WP25 had a Snail in it and wasn't running (IDK how long)

1 Tunze had tons of calcium growth in it and wasn't running (IDK how long)

Keep up with your maintenance people!

Jeez bud! Did you just fall in love with your new LPS tank that you stopped looking in the main tank?!

That might explain your colony deaths right there... I've always noticed birdsnest have been fickle with flow.

Jeez bud! Did you just fall in love with your new LPS tank that you stopped looking in the main tank?!

That might explain your colony deaths right there... I've always noticed birdsnest have been fickle with flow.

I think i've been so distracted with the Corals that I have been only looking at the SUMP and Corals, not the Powerheads.

• Like 1

More findings everyday.

1 MP40 had a Snail in it and wasn't running (IDK how long)

1 WP25 had a Snail in it and wasn't running (IDK how long)

1 Tunze had tons of calcium growth in it and wasn't running (IDK how long)

Keep up with your maintenance people!

Ding Ding!!

Juice,

I'll give you mad props for being honest.

One thing that helps me is using aquatic log.

At a minimum you can set it up to email remind you of pump maintience at your desired service intervals.

One of my Jaebo pumps went out on me for about 3 weeks before I noticed. What tipped me off was all the detritus that started settling in that corner of the tank... so I feel ya. You just assume everything is doing its job.