Juiceman

My new tank for my new sump came in today. So I had to pull the old one out and gut it. Took the opportunity to soak my pumps in vinegar!

post-1783-137490188529_thumb.jpg

One of the other things I wanted to do was move my tank away from the wall some. Time to start emptying the tank so I can move it up..

post-1783-1374901903_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Hydraulic Cement is working very well. Here's my first rock structures that i've made.

post-1783-0-28563700-1375145376_thumb.jp

post-1783-0-70866600-1375145388_thumb.jp

I found it hard to make much unnatural formations and have the rock stay there long enough to cure and hold. I'm going to try some more risky stuff and see what happens as I go!.

• Like 1

The Hydraulic Cement is working very well. Here's my first rock structures that i've made.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_10101.JPG

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_10111.JPG

I found it hard to make much unnatural formations and have the rock stay there long enough to cure and hold. I'm going to try some more risky stuff and see what happens as I go!.

Great looking pieces!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

It's time to put the new sump in!!!! Yikes!

post-1783-137533771618_thumb.jpg

Our plan was to get it behind the tank and push it under I between the braces in the back. Surprisingly worked well.

Next tanks was to finally add my valves and some other trimming to the returns and overflows.

post-1783-137533779827_thumb.jpg

Ok, the plan was to use the ladder against the wall as leverage to push the tank back towards the wall.

post-1783-13753378515_thumb.jpg

It worked well to move the tank, but the wall didn't like it.....

post-1783-137533789474_thumb.jpg

post-1783-13753379062_thumb.jpg

Any handymen here wanna help me fix this? I have no clue what to do...

Anyways, the sump is in, now filling the tank back up and adding the extra live rock that I have so far.

post-1783-137533797258_thumb.jpg

Also added my first rock scape!

post-1783-137533799907_thumb.jpg

No catastrophes! Knock on wood.

I'll tell you what, anyone know if I can remove the center brace from my dsa 100 sump. It would be very convenient if it wasn't there!

"But it seemed like such a good idea at the time". congrats on the new sump and getting it all back in place.

someone smarter than me will know for sure, but you may be able to eurobrace the tank and remove the center brace.

Beautiful job, well done. If you are using the Hydraulic Cement and not curing it first aren't you worried about affect it will have on your live critters?

The rockscape cured with other live rock and some soft corals and zoas in my 100g tub for 24 hrs each time I added a new rock. So total cure time for most of it was 5 days at the least. I saw no ill effects to the umbrellas and the accidental SPS frags that are in the tub, so I went for it. I made sure to add fresh carbon and GFO to the tank last night to be safe too. No issues so far! "Knocks on wood"

The damage can be easily fixed. Use plaster to fill the sheet rock holes. Sand down and repaint. The cabinet a little harder but not bad. You could replace the entire piece for continuity or just cut damaged area off and replace. And get new 1/4 round for bottom.