January 2010 ARC meeting

dapettit

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ronnie Gardner

My son and I will be there It will be your first meeting. My wife took the camera to Houston . I hope am not the only one without A camera.

If you would like to bring frag for sale by all means please do. I will have some available

as well.

The only thing I ask is business be conducted during the first 30 minutes of the meeting

and then after the presentation.

Thanks,

Dave-

Hey Patrick,

I though you were swinging through this area last week to get them, I'd called and asked her to hold a couple barrels for you. I swung by just now on our way out of town and the feed store was closed (she closed early on Sat). If you are out here the owner of the store will have them for you, otherwise I can try getting them to you at next mo the meeting. Let me know ahead of time if you've picked them up or not.

Liz

Dave,

I'm bringing veggies & dip, a couple tubs of maccaroni salad and 3 gallons of Bushs tea.

The guys put our canopy away last time we used it and I couldn't find the tie downs so I won't be bringing it. Sorry!

I love the idea of a newbie q&a session.

Liz

Yes thank you for everything. It was a great meeting and I learned alot. I think it would be cool to have a thread started with pics taken at this meeting where we could post some of our pics, since we will only be able to post 1 pic on the contest.

Now that you're all expert reef photographers, any quick tips for someone with a Canon PowerShot A1000IS who couldn't make the meeting? All I know is no flash and use macro mode.

Dave and Robin...what a fantastic meeting!!! You stayed so calm, cool and collected with your house at standing room only!!! I had SO much fun and I appreciate your hospitality. Your tanks are gorgeous and hope that my photos came out well!!

See you soon..........

Dave and Robin

Thank you for hosting what was obviously the best attended meeting yet. You did a great job of putting it on but I also think the attendance was indicative of the increasing effort and success of Andrew, the Mods and 'Staff'. ARC is really turning into a nice little club in addition to a great information center.

We appreciate cha'

Bill

Dave & Robin,

Thanks for your hospitality. I can't believe we just got back from your place 20min. ago :lol:....it was nice chatting and spending time with y'all. That was some pretty "tight" :) meeting....you get it. Lots of new & great folks, good food, fun & informative conversations. Talk to you soon.

-Cindy & Robert-

Dave & Robin,

Thank you for a WONDERFUL first meeting. It was great to be able to put a name and face together for the first time. Also thank you for all the WONDERFUL information. kinda felt out of place with my little point and shoot camera.... haha oh well I shall see what I got out of it... if anything.... The tanks are beautiful!!!! Thank you to everyone for your wonderful advice and help to us newbies haha... made us feel comfortable and welcome.... August & Jake are now Premium members woohoo!!!! :) I officially feel like we belong :lol:. Take care and hope to see everyone again soon!!!!!

Dave and Robin,

Another fantastic meeting. The wife and I again enjoyed ourselves.

Thanks for an excellent discussion on photography. Need now to download the pictures I took with my puny Kodak easy share. After your talk, I tried all the various camera setting option modes with your tanks. This includes the video option.

Wayne and Lynn

Yes thank you for everything. It was a great meeting and I learned alot. I think it would be cool to have a thread started with pics taken at this meeting where we could post some of our pics, since we will only be able to post 1 pic on the contest.

That's a great idea! Why don't you start one? I would really like to see everybodies shots. And, everybody post a pic in Feb contest as well. GO FOR IT!

Dave

Dave & Robin,

Thank you for a wonderful afternoon. It was great to be able a to attend a meeting like this and it was my first one ever. Also thank you for all the wonderful presentation and information you put out and handed out as well. hopefully coming from Killeen I can attend more in the future.

Thanks again for everything, great job.thumbsup.gif

Edited by JBoy251

I would really like everyone to post their photos taken at the meeting on the thread below. This way we can keep them all together. I personally would really like to see everyones pics! :please:

All are encouraged to post photos! That includes you. . . :thumbsup:

Dave-

Post your photos from the meeting here!

Edited by dapettit
One of these days I going to learn how to spell!

Now that you're all expert reef photographers, any quick tips for someone with a Canon PowerShot A1000IS who couldn't make the meeting? All I know is no flash and use macro mode.

Take lots of pictures after all it's digital. I took 113 pics of my inhabitents last night and end up with only 20 good ones!

We hope to have the presentation posted on on-line in the near future.

Dave-