January 2010 ARC meeting

dapettit

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peeled crawfish are always available. Live crawfish should wait until the end of March. I will be doing some research on crawfish prices as I will be involved in two crawfish boils the later part of March. A week gathering of the Castille Clan at Toleda Bend was one occassion. I had already started the ball rolling on having a Zydeco band with a bunch of Lafayette friends at my house the last weekend of March or the first weekend of April. I will also be hosting the March meeting for ARC, If members want to combine a crawfish boil with the social gathering of the meeting we can do that but I would appreciate some financial help with the crawfiswh. If Sunday would be acceptable, I could combine the crawfish delivery on the same week-end that I host the Zydeco band.

Dave,

Sorry, but I could not pull together the Cajun ethnic food. I will bring 10 pounds of ribs and 10 pounds of sausage that I will grill. I will also bring two cases of water. I look forward to another gathering of "reeffer madness".

La bonne temp roule,

Patrick

Is anyone bringing name tags?

Patrick, right time of year if the weather is wet the creek on the 100 acres that ties into my place is crawling with crawdads. Nasty little things. My kids like to try and catch them.

Years ago we caught one and put it in one of our freshwater tanks. After it ate a couple fish I banded it's claws together. After it molted several times and started looking more like a small freshwater lobster than a crawdad we released it. It was an interesting experience. I much prefer them in creeks and tanks than as food. :doh:

Liz

Liz,

Like most things in the food chain, it is either eating something else or it is being eaten. Obviously, we all know that Cajuns eat everything. So there you go. Don't advertise that you have loads of crawfish on your property. You may get a bunch of poachers.

Please don't forget to bring two 55 gallon plastic barrels. I look forward to meeting you and your family.

Patrick

Is anyone bringing name tags?

Liz

Name tags are provided along with a sign in book. I will have this set up on the front porch.

Dave and Robin.................

Are you set for tomorrow?

CHAIRS! (for outside)

It'going to standing room only while I go over the photography session as I have a very small living room.

I will also be hosting the March meeting for ARC, If members want to combine a crawfish boil with the social gathering of the meeting we can do that but I would appreciate some financial help with the crawfiswh.

For sure. IF everyone threw $5, how many people would be need to make it worth your while and not drain your pocketbook?

To all who are attending:

We have alot to cover at this meeting. I hope to start the photography lesson at 3:30.

Thanks to all those who will be attending. This looks to be a very productive meeting.

FYI, we will be iniating a "newbie rountable" it will be 10 minute Q&A session. This will be an addition to all our meetings.

Dave-

Is it ok if we have to duck out alittle early we have family in town that want to do dinner before they leave.... and tomorrow evening is the last night they have a chance to. what time do you expect the meeting to go on for???

Is it ok if we have to duck out alittle early we have family in town that want to do dinner before they leave.... and tomorrow evening is the last night they have a chance to. what time do you expect the meeting to go on for???

No you will be duct taped to a chair and forced to listen to me drone on and on. . .

Of course you can. These are very informal.

Dave_

Dave and Robin...

I have at least 50 copies of Reef Hobbyist Magazine that was sent from my vendor...wouldn't you know right on the cover is a bullet topic "TOP-DOWN PHOTOGRAPHY-Capturing Amazing Shots"...I will bring all 50 copies for everyone...

Dave and Robin...

I have at least 50 copies of Reef Hobbyist Magazine that was sent from my vendor...wouldn't you know right on the cover is a bullet topic "TOP-DOWN PHOTOGRAPHY-Capturing Amazing Shots"...I will bring all 50 copies for everyone...

What a tie in . . .

oh and can someone PM the best way to get there from I-35?? dont always trust mapquest as it has gotten me lost before...

PM Sent

Can someone PM me how to get to the location where the meeting is going to be. Thanks

Tim

PM sent

For sure. IF everyone threw $5, how many people would be need to make it worth your while and not drain your pocketbook?

As a guesstimate, let me say $50 total. Because of the perisable nature of the crawfish, the transportation and freshness is the real issue. If I can host the ARC gathering on Sunday, I can combine the gathering of the crawfish for a throwdown on Saturday and Sunday. I would also do easy Cajun ethnic foods: boudain, cracklings and hog head cheese (Cajun Pate). It would also be easy to have a crwfish etoufee and perhapes a gumbo or a Creole.

I will be organizing two other gatherings during the middle of the March and will know much more about prices at that time.

Patrick