FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

I've got one A360WE tuna blue on my gonis in. I've got a real soft spot for them as well!

But I think those actinic bars have got my lights beat. I may need to look into those aquatic life T5 hybrid lighting fixtures to try to incorporate some actinic bulbs along with the other tuna blues on my new tank... I like that blue! Really brings the color out of those corals. I was reading that most of those corals actually grow better with more blue light due to the fact that some of those corals are actually growning deep enough to filter out most of the reds (and other colors of light) in a natural setting - while blue penetrates deeper. Found that to be interesting and supportive of my desire to have more blue lights :)

20171025_193853.jpg

20171025_193837.jpg

• Like 1

That reefbrite is a very cool looking light.
I'm a big fan! Gives that LED pop I've been looking for to go with the natural look of T5s.
Yes it is. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I had to double check you didn't walk out with it today. Saw a bit of oogling.

I've got one A360WE tuna blue on my gonis in. I've got a real soft spot for them as well!
But I think those actinic bars have got my lights beat. I may need to look into those aquatic life T5 hybrid lighting fixtures to try to incorporate some actinic bulbs along with the other tuna blues on my new tank... I like that blue! Really brings the color out of those corals. I was reading that most of those corals actually grow better with more blue light due to the fact that some of those corals are actually growning deep enough to filter out most of the reds (and other colors of light) in a natural setting - while blue penetrates deeper. Found that to be interesting and supportive of my desire to have more blue lights [emoji4]

20171025_193853.thumb.jpg.118617d98af1ebaa75b5028e577fe9dd.jpg
20171025_193837.thumb.jpg.22798aab4724466476b779b3103aa749.jpg
Great looking gonis! I got my eye on that bottom one in the sand!

Blues are definitely part of the more utilized spectrum for corals. They can actually survive on blue light alone if in the right spectrum.

Mdavis came over again today and helped me get a bit further towards completing the tank cabinets and framing it out. He faked a cough all day and said he was allergic to sawdust and made me do all the cuts but he's a measuring robot so I let it go.

It's starting to really come together! I'll have to do some spackling and sanding to be ready for the final day when we get the cabinet doors up.

Also, my wife already vetoed the square corners so I'll have to replace the top board to go all the way to the side boards. No corners for this guy.

1a49d4b0b4b705776a39e7eebbc1aac8.jpg

• Like 3

I am a little curious on how you plan to finish (paint, caulk, etc.)  Controlling fumes will be a challenge?
The plan was to just tape plastic sheeting between the tank and the cabinet/front while I do that and turn off the skimmer.... Then a healthy dose of praying as well. [emoji6]

10 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Also, my wife already vetoed the square corners so I'll have to replace the top board to go all the way to the side boards. No corners for this guy.

So you will be ... <drum roll> ... cutting corners?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1