Oct 19, 2014 ARC Frag Swap - Updated

mFrame

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

715a822f817a8c3e4cf0a83d7e0157dd.jpg629ca4d8e1fc079e2d3bdefa0b5aa4f7.jpg1c6048426b49b1cb3fbf5b1127d10e2b.jpg1d4ac4f24da2268962dc882643d76523.jpgb161274ccb55ba0959ccbb950e4cbca9.jpg92f7c3462f4ab93bfbbc2073a9043142.jpg

Finally started fragging for the swap and really need to not sale these before the swap lol. <---My goal this month.

Today: (plugs are white color)

Nick 's Purple Passion

Oregon Tort

Frag Farmer Red Robin Stag

Cherry Coral Pastel Shortcake

Frazzleberry Shortcake

Rommel Watermelon

Rainbow Nebula

Flame Tip Dragon Tail

Gila Monster Nasuta

PC Rainbow

I'll continue to frag more, gotta take a break and need to sell off frags that I've being holding off for folks so I have more room lol.

Mike - I'm definitely bringing a tank.

Just finished fragging a few things, I'll put up pics after a little healing. Includes: jack o'lantern lepto, frogspawn, ORA tricolor acro valida, red monti cap, green digi, hyacinth birdsnest, blue & red acan, green with purple rim monti cap

Is there anyone who is willing to save one piece that they are going to frag anyway to show a newbie (me) how to frag and get on a plug :) Even if it is as easy as cut and glue, I tend to find that there is an art to everything in this hobby! :)

Just a reminder that the frag swap is a week from this Sunday. It looks like we're going to have a lot of frag tanks set up as well as a few special surprises.

We'll have several types of FREE coral frags for members. These are easy to grow "starter" corals.

We'll have a silent auction for several frags and frag packs with all proceeds going toward the PIJAC Aquatic Defense Fund.

Depending on interest we'll have a basic fragging demonstration to show newbies ideas and methodologies to share your corals.

Looks to be a great time!

Can't keep up with SAM the acro wizard. But I am bringing these among others (bad pix I know).

Acan, frogspawn, jack o'lantern lepto, cyphastrea japonica

post-3460-0-81365200-1413057508_thumb.jp

ORA Tricolor Valida

post-3460-0-95001100-1413057535_thumb.jp

Since this is my 1st time setting up a display frag tank in the swap......I'm thinking about putting all my frags on 2 racks that came with the display frag tank in a bagged Styrofoam box filled with existing tank water as for the transport part. I was wondering if most folks use existing tank water or fresh mix water for the display frag tank? I will have extra mixed salt water and existing tank water in multiple 5 gallon jugs ready to top off the display frag tank.

I invested in a 20x20x8 AIO frag tank, Reef Breeder Lux set at 40% which yield about 300 to 400 PAR on the frag racks level, 1 return pump Cobalt MJ1200, heater, and a Jebao WP 10 for circulation. Do you guys think I need anything else? I figure I won't need a skimmer or placed any live rock in it since its just a temporary setup. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Thank you in advance for your input.

I am a rookie frag tank vendor too!

I went the budget route and picked up a 24" x 24" hydroponic tray. I told them it was for reefing and they said I bet it is!

I'm gonna make a makeshift light stand out of pvc, throw in a small pump and heater, and bring some extra water for topoff.

I'm not bothering with live rock or a skimmer. I don't believe the amount of time there would require it.

I'll be pulling 15 gals of old tank water and using that. I don't think my tank will miss it much.

Sent via Tapatalk

Sam- I think you've got a good plan. I'd stick with the same tank water so there's really no acclimation. Last time I did this I performed a water change and took the old water with me. Two birds/ one stone kind of thing. I'd also suggest a small bag of carbon to absorb newbie drool and any stuff the corals might dump into the water if they get stressed.

Ty- can't wIt to see your contraption! Hey it's not how pretty the container is, it's the stuff inside!

Getting excited. Can't wait to get together and drone on and on about corals and water parameters!!! It's just what we do:)

Just a reminder about the swap, guys, plus this:

There will be a bounce house for the kiddos from 2-5pm.

What better opportunity to bring the family and have them entertained while you talk tank?!?

Yes I will make sure that we have access to the room before the start of the frag swap, do you think an hour ahead of time would be enough time. I'm grabbing the keys on Friday night so I can get everything set up early for everyone. Is everyone bringing their own extension cords to run from outlets to frag tanks, I will check and see how many the community center has on hand.

Archived