FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

dudddeee thats a weird looking JMT (or maybe mine is). Mines light green body, red/brown polyps with very light blue growth edge. Yours looked totally purple (some have purple growth edge) but no green body.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dudddeee thats a weird looking JMT (or maybe mine is). Mines light green body, red/brown polyps with very light blue growth edge. Yours looked totally purple (some have purple growth edge) but no green body.

Since you mentioned this, I looked online and found Superman montipora thats look a lot like what I have. Perhaps it is a Superman, I was told it was a JMT, in any case it looks awesome.

Sorry I missed this months meeting, would have loved to see your tank. I noticed you have a Copperband Butterflyfish. I've always liked the look of those fish, but have been worried about anemone and shrimp. I could not tell if you had an anemone, if so any issues, and how about shrimp, etc?

Madsalt! Take your monti talk out of here! Just kidding. poke.gif

How else best to follow up a pod city video but with coffee? I'm assuming the coffee pods they use for those single serve coffee makers set it off.

The copperband butterfly was from Offroaddodge's tank. It's awesome! Certified aiptasia eater too, he destroyed one right in front of me. If you go back a couple of pages in my thread, you can see it for yourself.

He has not bothered my mini-carpet anemones or my two rbta's. I have two cleaner shrimps in the tank that he has swam up to get his cleaning and has never once tried to eat them afterwards.

Madsalt! Take your monti talk out of here! Just kidding. poke.gif

How else best to follow up a pod city video but with coffee? I'm assuming the coffee pods they use for those single serve coffee makers set it off.

The copperband butterfly was from Offroaddodge's tank. It's awesome! Certified aiptasia eater too, he destroyed one right in front of me. If you go back a couple of pages in my thread, you can see it for yourself.

He has not bothered my mini-carpet anemones or my two rbta's. I have two cleaner shrimps in the tank that he has swam up to get his cleaning and has never once tried to eat them afterwards.

Hmmmmm, Interesting. Now I want one all the more, but will I get as good a citizen as yours. shifty.gif That is the question!

Since you mentioned this, I looked online and found Superman montipora thats look a lot like what I have. Perhaps it is a Superman, I was told it was a JMT, in any case it looks awesome.

did he wave his hand at you when he sold it to you?

Just a heads up, they have poor survival rates. If you are lucky enough to get one eating and he makes it through the first couple of months, he's golden! That's why I jumped all over Offroaddodge's CBB.

Just a heads up, they have poor survival rates. If you are lucky enough to get one eating and he makes it through the first couple of months, he's golden! That's why I jumped all over Offroaddodge's CBB.

What are you saying? That I can't keep fish alive?!? Just because I recently killed off more than half my livestock! angry.png Just kidding, that is good to know.

Yours looks like purple superman to me. Regular superman has a straight up blue base with red polyps.

I spoke too soon! Mine is eating alright...

20140318_200938_zpsgnn8tekh.jpg

Looks like clam is on the menu tonight! He basically shredded the insides before I could intervene so I snapped a picture for prosperity. I put what's left of the clam in the sump but I'm pretty sure it's a goner. I put this on you Madsalt! He was enraged once he heard me call him soft so he showed me what's up!

Looks like clam is on the menu tonight! He basically shredded the insides before I could intervene so I snapped a picture for prosperity. I put what's left of the clam in the sump but I'm pretty sure it's a goner. I put this on you Madsalt! He was enraged once he heard me call him soft so he showed me what's up!

Waaa thats no good..... Man it's frustrating when you have a cool fish pull some junk like that....I had a melanurus wrasse that pulled the same thing with one of my new clams.... Needless to say he got the old boot.

He ain't kidding around though, looks like he is enjoying that meal That really stinks.... Hope the clam pulls through....

Woah on me. I had nothing to do with that lol. Maybe my copperband was soft, yours looked tough.

Time for a quick update. The zoas and LPS are looking great in the tank and the fish are all healthy and happy. I'm still having some trouble with the SPS acclimating so I shipped out some colonies and frags to some fellow reefers until this thing blows over. Surprisingly, the setosa and hawkins echinata are going gang busters and seem unaffected but all acros, birdnest, and montis are feeling the burn. They are all browned out and some are STN'ing.

For now, I have cut back on GFO and biopellets as those are both the things I changed the most when I upgraded tanks. I am also running extra carbon and will be doing some large water changes. I'm very excited about the water changes... like super excited. Like I can't wait to carry all those buckets of saltwater and mix salt... fish.gif

If lifting all those buckets of water is going to make me Tybio, then it might make it somewhat worth it.

Don't start planting the LED bug in my ear ckyuv. We at least gotta have one old school 400 watt MH guy on the club. I think I really am the only person on the club with 400 watt halides.

• 2 weeks later...

To add to all the fun, odd things happening in my tank since I upgraded. My anemone split to my dismay... but I did catch it doing this. Have it in HD and around 1:00 the most easily noticeable stuff happens.

Forgive the music but I could not help using it since the name of the song is "anemone". I'll have to apologize on the behalf of my fish... they have no manners and like to video bomb my work.

Archived