FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three corals left and the old tank is all but shutdown. I am treating some zoa rocks with peroxide to remove the hair algae before transporting into the new tank.

My welder is working on the metal trim frame so hopefully I get that soon so I can start working on a canopy and skinning the stand. I'd eventually want to organize all my electronics but that'll have to wait until the stand is skinned.

For now, I'm on STN watch. Had to chop up my blue tenius colony after missing the STN on that coral and letting it spread way too far.

Also finally making full use of the manifold on my return pump. I plumbed all my reactors to the pump (CaRX, GFO, and biopellets) and have removed all the auxiliary pumps that used to run all the separate reactors. I'm sure that'll take a good amount of heat out of my system!

Funny thing to note, my blue hippo officially thinks he's a chromis. He started hiding in the purple stylo lately.

20140224_232601_zpsif0vsvle.jpg

Photobombed!!! Good job Copperband!

20140224_232559_zpsdjmbbn6x.jpg

Side tank view (still haven't aquascaped but I enjoyed the view nonetheless)

20140224_221849_zpsqklxnuuc.jpg

I think I got busted by my naso... he doesn't look so thrilled at what I am doing.

I finally caught up with your thread. Glad to see everything moved over well and survived the ich outbreak. It almost hurt to see the pic of your old tank mostly empty. So did you get it emptied on time to sell it? You should post a fts of the whole new tank, stand and all.

I'm sorry you wasted all that time Kim! Haha.

I'll take a FTS when I finally get around to aquascaping. I've been spending all my time making sure I wasn't losing coral up to this point.

Got someone picking up the old tank this Saturday. I'll be sad to see it go but happy it's going to someone who will make good use of it and I'll be happy to have the space back.

We had some good times my old tank! bye.gif

20140228_175714_zpsbu7eykni.jpg

Got my stainless steel top brace in the other day. Looks like it'll work out just fine.

20140227_160359_zpsszcvnrgt.jpg

Next step, aquascaping! Then I'll try to build the canopy and skin the stand.

Here's a pre-aquascape FTS for reference purposes. I only have two lights on but you get the picture. My eventual aquascaping goal is low and minimal rockwork, so that my SPS have room to grow and my large fish stock has plenty of swimming room.

20140228_185443_zpsd1flqnfe.jpg

The canopy build is going to follow the same build as this guy from the Reef Tank Forum:

Here's some pics of his sketchup. I needed something accessible from the front and back and this looks like it fits the bill.

doublehingecanopy2_zpse7ff01d5.png

doublehingecanopy_zps5cc10c5f.png

His build thread

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/build-thread-232-gallon-peninsula-tank-190911-15.html

I'll skin the stand last as that is low on the priority list. I've already bought the plywood and the magnets so at least it'll be ready to go when I have time to focus on it.

Ty I have only been to Austin once before and that was to buy my tank but I think I am going to head up there next month with a wad of cash and see what all frags I can get from you. You have an amazing setup. Ironically enough, i actually have a frag that came from you. I bought it at Niko's Reef.

Mako, I don't think most LEDs are scuba certified.

Manny, if you aim for March 15, I'll be hosting the March ARC meeting at my house. It'll be the grand unveiling of my new tank, not to mention a great talk/presentation. I'll be catering in some food too so if you can make it that weekend, come on up! It'll be good times!

I do enjoy 2nd generation frags!

Mako, I don't think most LEDs are scuba certified.

Manny, if you aim for March 15, I'll be hosting the March ARC meeting at my house. It'll be the grand unveiling of my new tank, not to mention a great talk/presentation. I'll be catering in some food too so if you can make it that weekend, come on up! It'll be good times!

I do enjoy 2nd generation frags!

Are you handing out door prizes?

Uhh yeah, small mixed bag of 5 NLS pellets, 10 Prime reef flakes, and a small sheet of nori. Be the first one and get 2 mysid shrimp and 3 bloodworms extra in your bag!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

You still not done with this build?

Well some of us aren't tank upgrading robots sent back from the future haze152! fish.gif I can't upgrade overnight like you did! Must have been a blur watching you upgrade! snack.gif Jimbo was even able to move houses and setup his tank before I could even upgrade mine in the same house. Fail on my part!

Anyway, I heard that bamboo and pvc canopies were all the rage in Europe these days (zip ties for extra flair). Open stands with a birdsnest of wires were the new trend as well.

20140302_174649_zps0a7tzimf.jpg

20140302_174729_zps5xypvqv0.jpg

Uhh yeah, small mixed bag of 5 NLS pellets, 10 Prime reef flakes, and a small sheet of nori. Be the first one and get 2 mysid shrimp and 3 bloodworms extra in your bag!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Word. You know I'll be sitting on your porch when you wake up for these killer deals!

You still not done with this build?

Well some of us aren't tank upgrading robots sent back from the future haze152! fish.gif I can't upgrade overnight like you did! Must have been a blur watching you upgrade! snack.gif Jimbo was even able to move houses and setup his tank before I could even upgrade mine in the same house. Fail on my part!

Anyway, I heard that bamboo and pvc canopies were all the rage in Europe these days (zip ties for extra flair). Open stands with a birdsnest of wires were the new trend as well.

Bamboo? That's just good Feng Shui!

Archived