Austin aqua farms

ct67stang

I talked to Matt last weekend. He said this is their slow time so they have backed off of their auctions. From what I've learned in the past is that sales decline in the summer. I'm assuming that their auctions were not performing the way they wanted. One thing is for sure, they had a real nice selection of frags waiting to go to eBay!

• Like 1

I talked to Matt last weekend. He said this is their slow time so they have backed off of their auctions. From what I've learned in the past is that sales decline in the summer. I'm assuming that their auctions were not performing the way they wanted. One thing is for sure, they had a real nice selection of frags waiting to go to eBay!

so i take it they're still open on saturdays?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

That's interesting (slow summer sales). I wonder if the heat makes it difficult to collect, shipment losses/high costs, or people just not buying as much in the summer.

I've noticed that people tend to sell more (of their own stuff) during the summer, maybe there's just increased hobbyist sales cutting into retail sales. 

I dont know victoly. As you saw most items are still up fs. I do agree that the summer takes people away from their tanks. Be it children at home or just out doing "summer" stuff. Imho ofcourse

I've noticed that people tend to sell more (of their own stuff) during the summer, maybe there's just increased hobbyist sales cutting into retail sales.

I dont know victoly. As you saw most items are still up fs. I do agree that the summer takes people away from their tanks. Be it children at home or just out doing "summer" stuff. Imho ofcourse

That may make my point though. Oversupply can lead to lower prices/sales.

• Like 1

Definitely everything takes a dip as people travel and spend their $$ on vacations. Part of why we limit our summer meetings, though recent attendance has shown just how much people love to get together and talk fish!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Summers tend to be a slow time for coral shops. I've talked to Matt about it, and our suppliers as well. They told us to be prepared, and so far they have been right. Our supplier has been trying to push a lot of corals on us for amazing prices, but we just haven't been able to move as much as we would like to to make space for it. I think it has to do with summer vacations, school funding, and people wanting to enjoy the beautiful summer days. We are thinking of having a shrimp boil to jump start our slow time. Seems like events draw people out.

Same happens in my business, I rent bounce houses, table and chairs and a lot of people think the summer is my busiest days when they really aren't, people go on vacation, it's really hot so they don't like to be outside, then they have no money because they went out, and when they come back they need the money for clothes and school supplies for their kids.

I can still imagine shipping is extremely difficult during the extreme weather months whether vendors will state that or not. My trips to austin have unfortunately become more sparse otherwise id be helpin keep the sale threads turning over. Seen lots of great stuff up for sale lately that id have liked