Victoly's BC29

victoly

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

What about some mille's? Tank looks great! I assume this is your new lighting?

qSTeZcV.jpgi need ideas on a SPS that thrives in VERY high flow (check the pictures) as it is maybe 3" away from an MP10.

looks great man. i have no idea how you crammed that much stuff into your cabinet. it must have been like doing a puzzle without the box.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some of this to diffuse my LED shimmer (it was bothering me). Its just a simple stick and peel. I'll upload videos if I can remember.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007B9PNOQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SYoVHMJ.jpg

Also got my bubble magus up and running after much teeth gnashing. The tubing supplied by bubble magus is either in metric or mini airline, or something goofy. I wanted to use regular 1/4" tubing so this was my solution:

qu2CpEB.jpg

I used the plastic adapters from these:

SvYn93b.jpg

My dosing regimen thus far is

1 mL B-ionic Alkalinity

2 mL B-ionic Calcium

20 mL B-ionic Mg

That's the pump that does not come with a controller correct? What are the air stones for? Did you say and I missed it. Were you using a dosing pump before? I have a bio cube 29 too and am struggling with keeping calcium up. I was gonna do kalk in ato but heard its not great for smaller tanks. Also thought about calcium reactor but I don't have a controller (apex) yet so wasn't sure how It would work. I currently dose manually and it's too much trouble.

I used the little plastic adapters to get from the small metric tubing to standard 1/4 poly tubing. Air stones were not used.

I was just dosing kalk via ATO and supplementing everything else manually. It was screwing with my pH too much, so i canned it. You can do a CaRx without apex, but youll need another pH controller, i just didnt have the space in my cabinet for a sump or enough space in my back area, so dosing was my only option.

My total setup cost was ~300 for pump, 30 for jugs, 30 for solutions.

True, but I was willing to pay for quality. It does much of the built in timing (not that an apex couldnt, I just didnt have 3 eb8 ports to spare). I would have had to spend another 150 for EB8, plus 100 for pumps.

• 3 months later...

It's about that time. Major equipment changes are that I've had my dosers going for some time now. I've been using B-ionic and my dosing regiment ended up as

7 mL alk

11 mL calcium

10 mL mg daily

I also added an evaporative fan, which hasn't made a huge difference. Recently I've also added a CO2 scrubber to keep my pH nice and high.

My duncans, purple gorg (jamie i still owe you something) and various SPS.

4FjpFua.jpg

My cyphastrea went through a nasty spell where it looked like it was going to perish. I've backed my LEDs down to 60%, and it is much improved.

x0Va7zb.jpg

The zoa area

NCcDlXC.jpg

Some more detail of the SPS in my high light area. Aquatek valida from clint's teardown (purple tips) and shades of fall on top. Unknown light blue tort in the background.

ZSBSiSx.jpg

Cool little acro frag i got from AD off of a big mariculture colony. It's doing great so far, which is not the case with maricultures in my experience.

wLn7hgi.jpg

My Miami frag made a great comeback with KimP's care. I bleached it out really badly, but she did a fantastic job!. Also a small nepthea frag and various zoas.

IjcZioc.jpg

Here's the bleached version from a few months back

2VDaNyt.jpg

Superman montipora. This side of my tank sucks, i want to do a RBTA or something flowy, but I'm scared to death of "oozarkawater"ing it into my MP10.

i7ZR9xo.jpg

And here is case mccoy as napoleon dynamite

gHyxmdN.gif

Archived