Victoly's BC29

victoly

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the little plastic adapters to get from the small metric tubing to standard 1/4 poly tubing. Air stones were not used.

I was just dosing kalk via ATO and supplementing everything else manually. It was screwing with my pH too much, so i canned it. You can do a CaRx without apex, but youll need another pH controller, i just didnt have the space in my cabinet for a sump or enough space in my back area, so dosing was my only option.

My total setup cost was ~300 for pump, 30 for jugs, 30 for solutions.

Victoly, Long time sir! I am working on getting my tank set up finally have time! With your post above I was admiring your containers for your solutions. Where did you get those? As you know the spacing under a Biocube is hard to come by, and I like the skinny profile they have. As always looking good, and congrats on the lighting upgrade!

Thank you Sir! Anybody got any good recommendations on a place to get some good rock and sand locally? I am planning on getting the tank up and running this weekend. Finally got the new stand finished and am excited about getting my reef Reactivated!

I will post some pics once I get everything set up. Thanks again for the help! I order 3 of the jugs as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, good news and bad news. The good news is that I was accepted into the Masters of Geology program at UT. The bad news is that I am going to have to slum it up in married student housing for a while. I'll be selling everything :( Here's a spreadsheet for those looking to get in early. I'd consider a whole tank sale if someone wants to part out. Otherwise PM me. Livestock goes before hardware goes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QSsWbsFF_XBVdF9X0l-oCm2a6O4UDEmbxhR1PcDMlEA/edit?usp=sharing

Well bud.

I'm glad that you got into the grad school program that's awesome!!!

It's sad that your breaking down you tank but I know that the grad program will allow you to get that job upgrade and house upgrade and the THE BIG TANK UPGRADE!!!!

Btw - sent you a pm the Doser set is mine :)

Boy with that kind of sell off it looks like you may not be coming back to the hobby. Apex and lights and stuff would be perfectly transferable to the next tank.

im not going to be able to have a tank for two years. I figure in that time period technology for both lights and apex will have had a generational leap. I may as well cash out (I'll need it anyway) and buy the next gen when I'm back amongst the living.

• 3 months later...

Archived