Rimless 140g

olaggie01

Ag, i really love the dimensions and height of your tank. feels like perfection to me.

Thanks Victoly. I agree. In a perfect world, this tank would have been 6' long, but then again, the 5' long allows me to use the 4' fixture. I suppose the fixture would work over a 6' tank (and maybe in the future I'll be able to test it).

I did. Rich (entropy) bought it and later discovered that the stand wouldn't fit through his door. He built a new wooden stand so I'll probably get the stand back and figure out something to do with it. Maybe I'll make it my chop saw stand in the garage.

How are the lights?

Yep you will likely get the stand back Sunday. I have the tank full of water/vinegar right now and the overflow is leak free so I think it is good to move tomorrow. My wife will be happy to not see the tank in the garage, but I think even more happy to not see a bare 2x4 stand in the front room anymore.

I did. Rich (entropy) bought it and later discovered that the stand wouldn't fit through his door. He built a new wooden stand so I'll probably get the stand back and figure out something to do with it. Maybe I'll make it my chop saw stand in the garage.

How are the lights?

They are working great. I have to crank the whites all the way down right now, The leathers I have in my tank came out of another tank that had T5's and some lower level LED so they are not quite used to SUPER bright LED.

They are working great. I have to crank the whites all the way down right now, The leathers I have in my tank came out of another tank that had T5's and some lower level LED so they are not quite used to SUPER bright LED.

Yeah, those whites are really bright.

Got the fuge tank overflow assembled and glued last night. Hopefully today I'll have some time to put in under the stand and finish the plumbing. I really need to get it filled and cycled.

Thanks. About halfway filled so far. I turned on the tunze pumps to get water moving inside the tank and will hopefully throw some salt into the tank this afternoon. Maybe I can get the LR into the tank as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a huge update. Got the tank up and running. I filled up the display a couple of weeks ago and moved the corals from the "tub" to the display. In the last few weeks I have been getting all the plumbing done. Finally was able to turn on the return pump and get the drain going. It's turned way down but that is fine since most of the water movement will be in the display. I have the GFO/Carbon Rx and biopellets up and running as well along with my skimmer. Everything looks like crap in the display but that's what happens when you take all the rock out and bleach it. I have semi-aquascaped the tank but am looking for another couple pieces of LR to finish it out.

Looking good!

Sweet! I got your old tank up and running finally last weekend. I only ran into one setback. I put the contents of my 58g into it and the tank is still empty. tongue.png

Thanks Derrick.

That's not a huge problem Rich. I'm sure there are many ARC sponsors that will help you out with that problem. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about building a new sump and perhaps drilling the back of the tank for a coast to coast overflow and plugging the 2 current holes. I am worried about only running 1 drain and I think the tank could use more turnover from the sump. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got in a nice fish order from LiveAquaria.

3 yellow tangs

6 lyretail anthias

3 PJ cardinals (tiny little guys)

1 pygmy angel (to go with my other pygmy.

I have 1 other PJ cardinal, which is bigger than the 3 YTs

I am getting a frag order delivered tomorrow and I hope to place a large order of SPS in the next two weeks.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of pictures tonight, but if not, then this weekend definitely.

Dang, that tank cycled quick! Good to hear its all coming around man. I cant say the same for mine. If I can come across a large rimless tank from someone that want to downsize then I might trade up.

How you liking that light?

I've been following your tank issues. I'm not sure what to think about it. Sounds like a typical tank cycle, but then again, something is contributing to the increased dinos.

I was lucky to get some good quality pieces of LR to add to the tank, which I think helped the cycle.

How big of a tank are you looking for? I am really glad that I went with a rimless on this tank. I missed it on my last tank.

I need to figure out what to do about the overflow and sump issues though. Not really happy with the current situation.