JamesL's 75g Blog

JamesL

Took out my two very noisy maxi jet pumps tonight. I had them on a wave maker device, and the clicking was getting to be just too much. I put back in my two koralia evo's. They are so much quieter with the wave maker. I had tried out the maxi jets with the modified impeller, because they put out a lot more flow.

But in the end, I think the noise and flow were scaring Tangshan and making them hide a lot. Hopefully they will come back out more now.

thats funny i was just sitting here thinking the same thing while i was about post pics! i have two maxi jet 1200's on a wave maker every 75 seconds and sometimes it make just too much noise

It has made such a huge difference going back to my Evolutions. The tangs seems so much happier now.

Picture time! So I took a little bit of time and played with my camera settings. And I even decided to try my hand at manual focusing. Some came out ok, others so-so.

This is one of my better full tank shots:

IMG_9735.JPG

My blue linkia (I was holding the camera for this one, probably would came out better if I used the tripod):

IMG_9744.JPG

Hate the fish, but like the colors/composition of the shot:

IMG_9751.JPG

The left frag is a new acquisition... the right I have had for a bit:

IMG_9792.JPG

These should look familiar Mark :)

IMG_9796.JPG

This too:

IMG_9800.JPG

Some close-ups of a new gorgonian I got:

IMG_9802.JPG

My two sea cucumbers at work:

IMG_9807.JPG

IMG_9813.JPG

This started out as one large head from AAF, and now has heads all around the base:

IMG_9811.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you got some excellent shots of yours! I need to work on getting better pics of mine. It looks really happy. I'm glad cutting it didn't make it retract it's polyps.

• 5 weeks later...

Took a quick picture of the spiral coral yesterday while taking pics of frags. Here it is.

It is hard to tell, but it definitely has been growing. I would say it probably has added 1/4 inch to it.

IMG_9835.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a water change a few weeks back smart aleck. The first picture was take with the MH lights off and the camera flash. Makes the tank look worse. But I am liking the new layout. Can't wait till it is. It blindingly white.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...