JamesL's 75g Blog

JamesL

Very Nice. I work for AT&T, and because of this phone, we have nationwide mandatory overtime. Even my department, and I don't interact with customers anymore lol. I can't wait to get one though. I love my 2g; kicking it "old school". :)

You should use some window screen. It sounds like the new bulbs are frying your corals. Put two pieces on, wait a month, then remove a piece. Wait two more weeks and remove the second screen. VIOLA!

You should use some window screen. It sounds like the new bulbs are frying your corals. Put two pieces on, wait a month, then remove a piece. Wait two more weeks and remove the second screen. VIOLA!

Yeah, I have heard of that method also. I ended up not liking the coloring of the new lights anyways, so I have the old ones back in until things hea up some.

Took another video of the tank last night after re-arranging some rock work again, a water change, 2 mini floods, and lots of cursing. Thankfully we have stained concrete floors :)

Taken with my iPhone 4, edited with the iMovie app (because Andrew made me buy it :)), and uploaded in glorious 720p (via my computer).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the beginning there was this:

IMG_0533.JPG

At one year there was this:

IMG_4350.JPG

And at two years, the tank has reached this:

IMG_9070.JPG

Here are some close-ups.

New spider sponge. Just started opening up today:

IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9090.JPG

Ribbon gorgonian:

IMG_9084.JPG

Stick from Mark. The tips are much bluer than what the pic shows:

IMG_9092.JPG

Yellow zoas (from Mark also):

IMG_9095.JPG

Paly's I got from RCA:

IMG_9104.JPG

Zoas (from RCA)/Paly (from ARC frag swap) mix:

IMG_9107.JPG

• 2 months later...

Very weird. My main kenya tree colony has been splintering off frags for the past month or so. Now the other day, it just shriveled up and has not expanded for a few days, yet all the frags are healthy looking and expanded.

Just old age possibly? The main colony was started from a frag from RCA 2 years ago.

Very weird. My main kenya tree colony has been splintering off frags for the past month or so. Now the other day, it just shriveled up and has not expanded for a few days, yet all the frags are healthy looking and expanded.

Just old age possibly? The main colony was started from a frag from RCA 2 years ago.

And the mother colony is back. Just was going through some funky days.

MH bulbs replaced yesterday with new 14K Pheonix (what I had before, just time to change them).

I think I have lost both of my golden headed sleeper gobies :( Well, one definitely for sure as I found it stuck to the powerhead last night.

One went missing a month or so ago, but I saw it occasionally hiding in the rock work, I thought at the time they had produced eggs. But now that the other has died, I am not so sure.

I'm jealous of that gorgonian. :S

BTW, thanks .. I really like the ribbon gorgonian too (Dome purchase). It hasn't been happy for the past few weeks, but I think it was because my MH needed replacing. I just replace the bulbs the other day, and I noticed last night that it was starting to extend it's polyps again.

If that was the cause, it will be a great indicator of when it is time to change bulbs :)