JamesL's 75g Blog

JamesL

After the meeting tonight, I stopped by RCA to make the most of my time up north. Picked up 3 pink skunk clownfish. Hopefully yhty will host in the GBTA.

Also picked up my acan frag from Mark ... looks great, and is settling in nicely. Will get some pictures once it is fully happy.

I had a very nice relaxing Father's Day today. So I finally had time to take the knife to my leather coral. It was a little heartbreaking, as it is my oldest coral that I grew from the size of a quarter.

But things seem to have gone well, all of the frags are glued down and in the tank.

IMG_1932.JPG

Stay tuned for some for sale once they heal.

And here is a real quick picture of the acan collection. I was trying to get Mark's in focus (the far left), but the green on in the middle got all of the attention.

IMG_1929.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't get a chance to make it up to RCA, but I was near the Dome and picked up a Two Spot Bristletooth Tang and a Yellow Candy Hogfish. I think this should about do it for fish for a while.

These are bad quality, but they were the best I could do with the lack of free time.

The Two Spot Bristletooth:

IMG_2059.JPG

The Candy Striped Hogfish:

IMG_2073.JPG

BTW, I finally used GIMP to correct the white balance, and it was uber easy cool.gif Will have to definitely do that more.

Gorgeous fish! Which store did you get them from?

Got them from the AquaDome.

Now if it has been a week and a half ago, I would have gotten different fish. At that time they were stocked to the gills (pun intended :) with fish. This past weekend it was slim pickings, but I am very pleased with my acquisitions.

Picked up this nice squamosa clam today from prof's. Talk about a great deal. For the price I paid, you normally get a tiny 1-2" clam. This guy has to be about 4-5"! I love the pattern on it.

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

These guys have been a pleasant surprise. They were freebies with an order, and I put them on the back of a rock. And here they are a nice color!

IMG_2128.JPG

I don't know why, but I do like this gorgonian. It is not colorful, but it is cool.

IMG_2115.JPG

I have more pictures, but will save them for later :)

Here are some more pictures I took this weekend.

Mr. Jawfish:

IMG_2142.JPG

Favia with one of my cucumbers keeping it warm:

IMG_2104.JPG

Favia closeup:

IMG_2170.JPG

Hungry brain:

IMG_2106.JPG

My blasto is turning pinkish around the edges... wonder if it is due to the RF Fuel:

IMG_2174.JPG

My Red People Eaters:

IMG_2180.JPG

Still have a few more pictures for a later post.

Cute pic of jawfish....looks like you got several cucs in your tank. Nice close-ups.

Good eye :) Yep, I have two in there. The black one, and the yellow on peeking around the brain. They get all around the tank.

(And the jawfish is my favorite)

Nice clam...those squamosas grow faster than croceas....that will definitely be your centerpiece "as far as clams go". I miss mine :( .

I am stocked up on calcium :)

I wanted a maxi that prof had, but I didn't think my lights were intense enough to have it on the sandbed (n a rock).

I am stocked up on calcium :)

I wanted a maxi that prof had, but I didn't think my lights were intense enough to have it on the sandbed (n a rock).

I would think that if you can keep a squamosa, then certainly you can keep a maxima. How deep is your tank? and how much wattage are you running?