JamesL's 75g Blog

JamesL

Just thinking it loud here, but maybe you want to fix the power head?

Ya know, I did for a short while after the initial chopping incident. I looked online, but could not find replacement grills for the Hydor Evolution pumps. I think they want you to buy whole new pumps.

I think said fish has learned his lesson ... much to my demise, as I don't see him swimming around the tank.

Ok, nevermind ... I didn't look that hard. Just found a site with replacement impellers and covers. And I found an official site saying that the impellers should be replaced every 2 years to prevent them from running backwards (which mine do).

Looks like I know what I will be ordering soon :)

Ok, nevermind ... I didn't look that hard. Just found a site with replacement impellers and covers. And I found an official site saying that the impellers should be replaced every 2 years to prevent them from running backwards (which mine do).

Looks like I know what I will be ordering soon smile.png

Ordered 4 replacement impellers and covers today.

Oh, and I got new impellers and covers for my 4 Hydor Evo pumps... man, the impellers make a huge difference in the amount of flow (and the non-clogged covers might help in that). And just in time, as my injured six-line has been getting braver and venturing out into the tank.

• Like 2

What are the green palys on the right? Green button? Or something else?

Not sure the official name (never been big into those), but they are a pretty bright green palys, that spread like wildfire. I started with a small frag (from an ARC frag swap) with about 10 polyps, I now have then in many places in my tank, with one huge rock covered in them (rock is like 12" long by 6" wide).

New coral from Fish Gallery, some PPE's .. took a small chunk of it and put it in the 24g tank.

Oooooh, I like those aqua blue ones in the lower left. What are those called?

Those are duncans. Really like them, and they do really well in my tank.

New coral from Fish Gallery, some PPE's .. took a small chunk of it and put it in the 24g tank.

Oooooh, I like those aqua blue ones in the lower left. What are those called?

Those are duncans. Really like them, and they do really well in my tank.

Cool thanks. I didn't know they came in that color. I'm planning on getting some Duncan's for round 2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my clam I got at C4 up and died :(

It was looking great a few days ago, and today the shell is open and the flesh all pulled in.

So the great clam under LED's experiment is at the end. Can't say what the exact cause of death was. I definitely see shell growth on it.

• 2 months later...

Some down time at home led to me not only doing a water change, but also a minor re-scape. It went better than I planned, as I didn't completely remove all the rock this time :)

Mostly, I pushed the rock more toward the back (more wall like). This opened up the sand bed some more. I am pretty pleased, and all the fish are accounted for.

Here is a still-cloudy and corals are still pissed off quick shot.

post-249-0-27890100-1381609552_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added a super big blue spotted watchman and a blue-ish pistol,shrimp to this tank, that I got from that Dome meeting. I think my daughter was hanging around Planeden too much at the meeting, because she named them at the store Ben and Jerry :)

The pistol was apiered up with another smaller goby at the store, so wasn't too happy last night when the big goby came its way. Hopefully they will work it out today. The pistol made a nice cave in the front of the tank so far.