Andrew's Blog

ACampbell

Here's an updated pic of the tank:

IMG_6218.jpg

I added another Tunze stream in the right corner. I was hoping to add the new nano wavebox, but there is only about a half inch buffer at the top. So any wave would splash out. :unsure:

You can also see that one of the clowns was evicted from the nem. Typical clown behavior, hopfully it will be accepted back in soon.

Also, the blue tort and superman monty are not doing good. Lots of pieces we're battle damaged when they were added. These two pieces just seem to be not recovering well. Wish them the best.

Here's some hardware shots. The tank is in a pretty neat position in the living room. I was able to keep it away from the wall and not look to awkward. This way it it accessible from all four sides making maintenance easier.

IMG_6207.jpg

Here's a skimmer cup shot. It is actually super awesome. Very effective for a nano.

IMG_6203.jpg

Here's the first two chambers.

IMG_6210.jpg

Last chamber:

IMG_6213.jpg

And lastly this is a cool macro shot. It is a 1:1 of a small hydroid patch.

IMG_6193.jpg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice setup. How bad does it get with the salt creep on the light fixture?

Have you been able to frag your tort and monti?.......Maybe someone can take care of it just in case the others don't make it and you'll have a back up to restock them. Hope they recover.

Nice macro pic of hydroids.

-Cindy-

• 4 weeks later...
Nice setup. How bad does it get with the salt creep on the light fixture?

Have you been able to frag your tort and monti?.......Maybe someone can take care of it just in case the others don't make it and you'll have a back up to restock them. Hope they recover.

Nice macro pic of hydroids.

-Cindy-

I haven't had any SC on the light fixture. It is an extremely delicate fixture that you have to baby or it will get scratched/dinged...

Unfortunately all the SPS went belly up. In all honesty I kind of feel relieved not to have such demanding corals anymore.

I have many new additions. Once I get some motivation I will post a new update.

Hey there...just looking at your backside for ideas! It's so fine. The tank not your butt. =P How's everything doing this month? Is the clown still in exile?

Im overdue for an update. Hopefully soon....

The clown is back in the cool kids club. I'm really hoping they might spawn soon.

• 4 weeks later...

The ORA tank at MACNA was, in my opinion, the best display with live animals.

Here's a couple shots of their tank:

oratank1.jpg

oratank2.jpg

I am absolutely clam crazy, so when I found out they were raffling off the clams I HAD to try and win one.

I was extremely lucky, I won the first three picks out of the 15 available.

Here's what I picked.

macnaxxclams.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, what can I say, plans change. We had wanted to purchase a new home but it fell through. I'm not sure if we'll be in the same house in a year or not, but I do know we are sick of looking at an empty aquarium in the living room.

I've gotten the OK to set up a FOWLR. I need to come up with a stocking list and try to stick to it.

Here's what I've got so far.

• Blue Tang
  • Harlequin Tusk
  • Porcupine Puffer
  • Clown Trigger
  • Flame Angel
  • Golden Dwarf Moray Eel

I also want to add a wrasse, but I need some suggestions. Please let me know if you think any of these would be unsuitable/incompatible for the 125.

I need to figure out what kind of lights Im going to do. Energy efficiency is a must.

In a couple of days it should be filled with RODI! :)

This should be cool. T5 lighting might be a good way to go. Catalina has some nice fixtures...maybe give them a look. Not sure what length your tank is but they have great prices on their 60" and 72" fixtures. Since you won't be stocking coral you can probably do ok with just two bulbs?

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/index.php?..._136&page=3

I started thinking about this and man...you're really clever. I bet your wife was all like "I wear the pants around here. You gonna stop playing with that goldfish tank, we gonna move and you gonna be my baby daddy." And then you go and flip it on her all sly. You're like "I'm gonna keep my crib, my 40oz, my game and then some." And booyah. FOWLR tank AND a killer nano. Skills bro. Props.

• 2 weeks later...