Andrew's Blog

ACampbell

I feel you. I think we are going to have to do the same thing in the 110. Bare spots right in front suck! BTW Did it solve your problems? Sweet aspect ratio on the picture.

If by problem you mean bare spot, then yes. Although when I had the streams turned all the way up it still blew it around. I ended up putting them at half power, and taking the stream in the right front out. I figured it was just too much flow. For now, while my tank is not fully stocked, I'm just going to run the two 6100s and save the other for a backup.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

It's been a long time since I have made a post in my blog. Since my camera broke it's been hard to get motivated to share anything.

I added a custom built Calcium reactor, made by Ace, last Thursday (9-6-07). It a first for me, so I have been learning as I go. I'm very happy with it. I've been trying to get it set just right and hoping that my tank will balance out.

Here was the reading earlier today:

tank pH 8.13

Kh/Alk 11.2 (a bit high)

Ca 420

The regulator has been kicking off when the effluent pH gets to 6.51 and coming back on once it raises back up to 6.68.

Here's a pic of everything under my stand. You can see the reactor on the very left.

caEverythinIn.JPG

Also, since Mark was so nice to share the photos he took during his trip here, I've been able to see some good growth. Check out some great comparison photos at CoralGrowth.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did a ton of maintenance today.

One of my reeflux bulbs broke a while back and I have been running an old one. I finally got the replacement in today and changed it. I'm glad to see they come in a new hard case.

reeflux.jpg

Cotton candy algae has gotten a little out of control in my display, so I beefed up the clean up crew. Several people have told me that mexican turbos will do the job. I added 6. Hope that will be enough!

turbo.jpg

I really liked this tuxedo urchin, so I picked it up as well.

tuxedourchin.jpg

Added some emeralds.

emerald.jpg

Forgot to add this to my last post. This is a blue selago. This is the one frag that came with my tank when I bought it.

Selago.jpg

Thats all for now. Hopefully I can get some before and after pictures.

Good to see the blue selago made it Andrew. It's grown a ton from that tiny little frag that never should have made it. You don't know this but when I first added the fish and corals the tank temp was 64 deg by mistake. Make sure it has plenty of room around it to grow because it grows fast.

Good news. The Mexican turbos really seem to be helping with my cotton candy algae problem. The only problem is that the algae really seems to be growing in the nooks and crannies witch is a place that big bulky turbos simply can't get too.

I managed to snap a few good pics of a before and after area:

CottonGone.gif

Feedback always welcomed.