Port Aransas Collection Trip...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Just found out I'm going to have to have surgery this coming Monday. I'm still planning on going, but depending on how it goes I might not be able to do much collecting.

Jeremy, the trip to PA should be good R&R for you. Looks as if I won't have a tank to keep anything I do find, but would like the experience, practice and enjoyment of doing so (in prep for the Oct trip).

If you want you can have whatever I get/find. I even have a battery powered air pump I could loan you.

wayneb

Cheri and I would like to see if there is anyone that would like to share accommodations with us to save a little on expenses? Please let us know by posting here. We don't need much, just a place to lay the head and take a shower, lol.

Steve

So, C&B, what are the plans for the bonfire and collection night? Where is the fire happening, what time, where are we meeting? Ditto for the collection.

Also, does any/everyone want to meet up to chill on the beach Fri or Sat?

En masse aquarium trip?

Etc, etc, etc.

So, C&B, what are the plans for the bonfire and collection night? Where is the fire happening, what time, where are we meeting? Ditto for the collection.

En masse aquarium trip?

Etc, etc, etc.

We will be getting all the deatils together this weekend and posting soon!

Talk to ya soon.

En masse aquarium trip?

Etc, etc, etc.

:yahoo:Nine more days :):jump: Well we need to bring something for the bonfire?:D

The best place I know of for peppermint shrimp collecting is at the very far end of the jetties (between the rocks that make up the jetties). There is also a place behind a University of Texas owned facility. This is for day collecting and is what I am waiting to hear back on so I can post it.

Any fishing suggestions from anyone?

Bring your family along. It will be fun.

If you are attending the Port A trip and I do not have your cell number, please send it to me in a PM. Please also add an email address so that I can forward the phone list to everyone.

We will find a central place for us to all meet Friday early evening so that we can all go out to the beach for the bonfire together...I will post that information later. Please feel free to bring chairs, drinks, chairs and plenty of mosquito spray :D

There are some of us that want to go to the USS Lexington, Texas State Aquarum as well as on the dolphin encounter. Please let me know if you are interested in participating in any of these.

I also spoke to the owner of Gulf Coast Reef and told him that we'd be stopping by on our way back home. Everyone is welcome to join us. He has some nice stuff.

If anyone has any last minute questions, please let me know.

This is going to be an awesome trip...can't wait.

Unable to go but we fish there a lot!

Not sure if you want to deep sea fish or off the piers.

We deep sea fish using "Dolphin Docks" deep sea fishing trips. I'd suggest the 8 hr trip. If you are up to it there's another fishing dock I think it's called "The Ferry", they have a midnight fishing tour. This is great because they go after sand trout which has no size and catch limit. We literally caught over 100 fish during the 2 hour trip. You will need a fishing license to do either from the pier or the boat.

Dave-

I'm actually feeling a lot better, which makes it more of a disappointment. I was concerned about how I would be doing, but i'm healed up and was ready to go, then I found out that they approved the project I'd been trying to get funding for, but they want it done yesterday, so I'll be spending the weekend at my desk. Ugh.

Oh well, next time.