Port Aransas Collection Trip...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neurotic bird is actually a quaker... he's a good bird otherwise, but rather set in his ways, and a decent talker as well. He knows "step up", "dogs outside!" "what are you doing?", and a bunch of other things that are hard to understand. Our last lovebird was a surprisingly good mimic as well, but our current one doesn't seem to have much interest. Cockatoos are so sweet.. Barbara and I just birdsat for someone that has an umbrella 'too and an amazon.. the amazon was a bit skittish, but the 'too was so cute and cuddly.

We used to have a Quaker... but he ended up catching a draft in the house got a cold and died :( RIP Kirby haha... anyway he also knew step up and whatcha doing... he also knew how to play peek a boo, and say other things like stop it, kkiiirrrby, he could say peek a boo, get outta here, he was too funny he would try to stick his head under the bathroom door if he knew you were in there.... he would sit on your shoulder and clean your neck and say stop it... (thats what got him saying stop it lol) he was a cool bird someday I want another if you ever need a bird sitter I am available would love to!!! I someday want a Macaw awesome birds

• 2 weeks later...

Chad and Belinda,

If you don't mind a couple of old f**ts along, wife says it sounds good. Let us know the details. While I play in the sand and surf with a net, she said she would fish.

wayne and lynn

Texas is NOT Threatened by the Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico

We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls with guests concerned about the oil

spill at the Deep Water Horizon well. Let me reassure you that at this point the oil spill is

located approximately 500 miles from the Port Aransas Coast line and posing no threat to

the Texas Coast. NOAA the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration post

projection forecasts daily to show the location and movement of the oil spill. None of

their projections include the Texas Coast. Prevailing wind and water currents show the oil

moving into the Louisiana and Mississippi Sound. (Figure 1)

However Texas officials are keeping an eye on it and Texas Land Commissioner Jerry

Patterson said the state's in little danger of dramatic threats from the oil spill off the coast

of Louisiana.

"We think that if some of this oil does come to Texas beaches, it will be very hard tar

balls, not the sticky, hazardous kind. The kind you can pick up," Patterson said in a

statement to Channel 8 news in Austin.

There will be major environmental impacts from this oil along the Northern Gulf Coast

but rest assured without a major weather event to change prevailing water currents and

weather patterns to force that oil west, the oil spill should not affect your travel plans to

Port Aransas and we encourage you to book your vacation with confidence.

Figure 1. Courtesy of NOAA Current trajectory Map updated daily. 5/4/2010:

http://response.rest...-2010-05-04.pdf

Okay...here are a few places to choose from. These are close to everything and pretty close to the beach.

Alister Square Inn

122 S. Alister

Port Aransas, Texas 78373

Phone: 361-749-3000

Toll Free: 888-749-3003

America's Best Value Inn

306 S. Alister

Phone: 361-749-5450

Beachgate CondoSuites & Motel

2000 On The Beach

Phone: 361-749-5900

Toll Free: 866-749-2565

Harbor Inn & Suites

105 N. Alister

Phone: 361-749-5572

Plantation Suites

1909 Hwy 361

Phone: 361-749-3866

Seabreeze Suites

P.O. Box 1541

407 Beach St.

Phone: 361-749-1500

Seaside Motel

P.O. Box 529

841 Sandcastle Dr.

Phone: 361-749-4105

Toll Free: 800-765-3103

Shark Reef Resort

314 Cutoff Rd.

Phone: 361-749-6993

Tropic Island Motel, Apt. & RV Park

P.O. Box 748

315 Cutoff Road

Phone: 361-749-6128

The Tarpon Inn

P.O. Box 8

200 E. Cotter

Phone: 361-749-5555

These are all pet friendly. Places are filling up fast, you may want to call around and reserve your room soon.

Spent the morning surfing the web sites for the places C&B listed. Wife and I finally settled on the

Seaside Motel and made reservations for the 25-27th.. On the beach, but near enough to everything else, king size bed and reasonably

priced. Oh and free coffee.

wayneb

Called Texas Parks and Wildlife today. Unless the lady was steering me wrong or misunderstood what I meant by 'collecting', she said I would need a saltwater fishing license.

Anyone know anything different? Also what should I bring to collect stuff? Again asking all you experience peoples.

wayneb

Called Texas Parks and Wildlife today. Unless the lady was steering me wrong or misunderstood what I meant by 'collecting', she said I would need a saltwater fishing license.

Anyone know anything different? Also what should I bring to collect stuff? Again asking all you experience peoples.

wayneb

Wayne,

You will need a SW license.

As far as supplies, let me get a list along with pics and I will post tonight.

Thanks...Belinda

looks like the boss is going to be out of town.... so I wont be getting off for this trip.... sad.gif we were looking so forward to it too!!!! (I was already starting to pack lol!!!) anyway good luck to you all hope everyone catches lots of cool stuff!!