Port Aransas Collection Trip...

Supplies:

• Non slip shoes
  • flashlight for lighting the way back
  • head lamp (preferably with the red lights so that it doesn't scare the critters away. I used a regular white light and did well)
  • net (Buy @Aacademy or walmart - needs to have a metal or plastic rim so that it doesn't tear on the rock
  • battery operated areator
  • 5 gallon bucket
  • drinks
    Keep in mind...everything youtake with you, you will have to walk back with. It's a bit of a walk.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're really looking forward to it, at this point looking at driving down some time on Friday, staying in Rockport (My boss has a condo there that he lets employees use). Do you know yet what time everyone's thinking of getting together on the various days? Looks like the low tides are about an hour after sunset the days we'll be there, high tides slightly before sunrise, with a nearly full moon.

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon /Low Time Feet Sunset VisibleF 25 High 5:58 AM 1.9 6:34 AM Set 5:41 AM 97 25 Low 9:07 PM -0.8 8:28 PM Rise 8:06 PMSa 26 High 6:41 AM 1.8 6:34 AM Set 6:37 AM 99 26 Low 9:50 PM -0.8 8:28 PM Rise 8:53 PMSu 27 High 7:20 AM 1.6 6:34 AM Set 7:34 AM 99 27 Low 10:30 PM -0.8 8:28 PM Rise 9:35 PMM 28 High 7:54 AM 1.4 6:35 AM Set 8:30 AM 98 28 Low 11:07 PM -0.7 8:28 PM Rise 10:12 PM

We're going down on Thursday. So far we have planned:

Thursay after arrival: paint our own pottery...it's fun and if you have kids they would LOVE it. Website is www.fireitceramics.com

Friday morning/early afternoon...dolphin tour. Right now we are going with a place that has a small person limit, but we are checking into one that has a larger limit. If anyone is interested in doing this on Friday (or even Saturday morning), let me know. The site is http://www.kohootz.com/groupprivatecharters.htm

Saturday just before sunset we go to the jetties to collect.

Things we plan to do, but don't know when:

Tour the USS Lexington - I vaguely recall seeing a paranormal show where they went here and it's suppose to be haunted. I'm not positive it's the same one, but I think it could be.

Fishing

Collecting in the marshes - if anyone has done this, please provide some input. I have wanted to do it, but have no idea where to go.

We're going down on Thursday. So far we have planned:

Thursay after arrival: paint our own pottery...it's fun and if you have kids they would LOVE it. Website is www.fireitceramics.com

Friday morning/early afternoon...dolphin tour. Right now we are going with a place that has a small person limit, but we are checking into one that has a larger limit. If anyone is interested in doing this on Friday (or even Saturday morning), let me know. The site is http://www.kohootz.c...atecharters.htm

Saturday just before sunset we go to the jetties to collect.

Things we plan to do, but don't know when:

Tour the USS Lexington - I vaguely recall seeing a paranormal show where they went here and it's suppose to be haunted. I'm not positive it's the same one, but I think it could be.

Fishing

Collecting in the marshes - if anyone has done this, please provide some input. I have wanted to do it, but have no idea where to go.

yahoo.gifCan't wait!!

I love that little happy bouncy smily face.

Ah...yes...a trip to Gulf Coast Reef...I went last year...got some sweet things! Maybe they'll open for us for a visit on our way out on Sunday?

dribble.gif

I love that little happy bouncy smily face.

Ah...yes...a trip to Gulf Coast Reef...I went last year...got some sweet things! Maybe they'll open for us for a visit on our way out on Sunday?

dribble.gif

Sounds good. Maybe you can talk him into it...hint, hint.wink.gif

Supplies:

• Non slip shoes
  • flashlight for lighting the way back
  • head lamp (preferably with the red lights so that it doesn't scare the critters away. I used a regular white light and did well)
  • net (Buy @Aacademy or walmart - needs to have a metal or plastic rim so that it doesn't tear on the rock
  • battery operated areator
  • 5 gallon bucket
  • drinks
    Keep in mind...everything youtake with you, you will have to walk back with. It's a bit of a walk.

Got everything on the list except for net (did get a small baitwell net), but wasn't sure what size would be best or if it should have a telescopic handle. Walmart had one I was looking at. Also our Walmart seemed to have a good selection of headband lights with both white and red leds.

wayne

Can we get a head count and places where everyone is staying?

Here's my list so far...

Chad and Belinda + 2 kiddos

Dena and Jason + sister

Robb and wife + kiddo and 2 doggies

Wayne and Lynn (Seaside Motel)

Cyrus + 1

Vash (expressed interest)

NonSequiter

Jimbo (expressed interest)

Mhart032

Reefaddiction (expressed interest)

For those attending...I will be putting together a phone list. Please PM me your name and cell number.