How do you fund your tank?

I am just getting to know some of you and I plan to make the next few meetings. I was just wondering what kind of work everyone does to pay for there obsession.

I work at a Ford dealership as a quicklane/ asst service manager. I took this job because I got burned out doing my previous work and this was a much lower stress job. I have actually come to really like this job and have been here almost 3 years now.

Prior to this I was an IT Director for a community bank and then I went to work for a national IT consulting firm and I traveled pretty much 100% of the time and just got burned out.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at Apple. I just watch my money and avoid charging things. Charging things is the devil. I recommend avoiding using a credit card for aquarium purchases. It makes it way too easy to spend a crap load of money.

I refuse to answer the question on the grounds my answer may incriminate me in a court of law....

But seriously, I am depending on you guys!!!!:wave:

I also am an Avon Sales Rep and have an eBay store....but that's about to change???:doh:

Thankfully my husband, who is a manager at Freescale, leaves his wallet wide open...will he ever learn???

By day I am an engineer at AMD for the past 12 years (coming up on my second sabbatical).

By night I own my own software company producing games for iPhones/iPod touches (have been doing that since 1997, started with programs for Palm OS devices).

I work at Apple.

Whatcha do for them? I had looked a few times, but it doesn't seem they do much engineering/software work here in Austin.

OOOOHHHH...physics. One of my favorite classes due to the teacher. (and you got to smash stuff...how cool is that?)

We are pretty much done with smashing stuff, until the egg drop competition in spring. Now we are lighting things on fire!! :doh:

Teacher here smile.gif

6th grade science, 10th grade chemistry, and 11th grade physics.

I have a question for you. When I was taking physics in high school, my teacher had a standard problem: you have a vat of water at 65 degrees, and into that vat you add an iron ball of some weight and temperature, a block of ice at some weight and temperature, as well as other othings and I calculated the resultant temperature of the water. Do you know the type of problem I am talking about and how to solve it?