FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

7 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
10 minutes ago, RobR said:
Very nice Ty, those are some gorgeous nems!!!!

Thanks Rob! How's the new house treating you? Get your tank set back up yet?

Well Ty, thanks for asking! Lol, not yet I'm working on it.... Hopefully have it cycling in the next week or so. Gotta start a reboot thread :P

Looks like you have gotten settled nicely in the new house! Tank looks great, you know I'm loving those new wrasses you got!! The flame and magma are absolutely gorgeous. Wonder how hard it will be to get flames in the future after the Hawaii fish ban?

Well Ty, thanks for asking! Lol, not yet I'm working on it.... Hopefully have it cycling in the next week or so. Gotta start a reboot thread [emoji14]
Looks like you have gotten settled nicely in the new house! Tank looks great, you know I'm loving those new wrasses you got!! The flame and magma are absolutely gorgeous. Wonder how hard it will be to get flames in the future after the Hawaii fish ban?
Yes indeed sir! Get that new build thread going and make me drool over your wrasse selection already!

Jake can still get them. He knows importers that can collect fish on their current license until it expires. After that, who knows as they aren't renewing permits right now is my understanding.
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 11:20 AM, FarmerTy said:

Yes indeed sir! Get that new build thread going and make me drool over your wrasse selection already!

Jake can still get them. He knows importers that can collect fish on their current license until it expires. After that, who knows as they aren't renewing permits right now is my understanding.

Thanks for the info Ty I’ll have to hit him up when I get the tank up again...

• Like 1

RCA Baton Rouge slowly regaining color after the lighting swap to all T5

6b96137891751c2fe8856709a4f032a1.jpg

Mille farm

1c5d57d8aab477b83620877fab074a4f.jpg

My FarmerTy Bluebonnet bottlebrush

022974f50faa87dd02d2916b4e2f2ba8.jpg

RR Rainbow Blossum coloring up

1cfff94f7cb20c6f8e42d758e3c01683.jpg

Aussie microclados

4b8a53d8832e4e1300c5cbef6cdbd08f.jpg

Banked acro from Juiceman

a871094361c8e107c8468f6a65bdcbf8.jpg

Vivid Aquariums Confetti

5adc1d3a8cebe97ae30b4b50a4e54ca0.jpg

Really digging these two. The tenuis on the right is way better looking than my Walt Disney any day!

9f54aaaf56fda518576df124658b2a1d.jpg

Little Farmer in training

2708edb23987ec58d15f2028333e0a12.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Ty!  

Congrats again on the little bambino!  The frags I picked up in March with Chris and Aaron are all growing well.  If you want to see some pictures of your offspring, I'd love to share.  There are some corals that I have no idea what they are!  Ha ha.  If you want a piece of the Echinata, mine is doing very well, if you can't get one locally.  Glad to see the family is doing well!

Ryan

• Like 1

Hey Ty!  

Congrats again on the little bambino!  The frags I picked up in March with Chris and Aaron are all growing well.  If you want to see some pictures of your offspring, I'd love to share.  There are some corals that I have no idea what they are!  Ha ha.  If you want a piece of the Echinata, mine is doing very well, if you can't get one locally.  Glad to see the family is doing well!

Ryan
Hey Ryan! Thanks sir! The little guy has got it good right now with the wife and I tending to his every needs and getting tons of hugs and kisses. [emoji4]

Glad your frags from me are doing well! Feel free to text, PM, email, or just post the pics on this thread and I'll be happy to do my best to identify. Or if you posted pictures in your build thread, I can look there too and help ID.

Thanks for the offer on the Echinata. I luckily got a buddy right down the street that is obsessed with acros as much as I am so he gave me a piece of my Echinata back.

Your tank was looking good Ryan last I saw. Hope everything is moving along nicely with the tank build and new home!

Shame on me, I never documented the addition of the SBReef 60" actinic bar. It's like that better looking, cheaper version of the reefbrite LED bar everyone adds to make their corals pop.

I went from LEDs as the main light with T5 supplements to T5 as the main light with LED supplements. The jury is still out on which is better as my tank hasn't quite settled in yet but I'll let everyone know!

e8a3f64a1fa89192ba20407468f29c15.jpg48e0f189f71edc235ecb286224504551.jpg5c15709723b486568db89ebd305bd662.jpg

• Like 1

Love the gonis! They are my favorite! Please let me know if you know where I can get some similar to those [emoji6]
Thanks Tim. I ordered a pack from a guy on reef2reef. It was pricey but well worth it in my opinion. I have a soft spot for gonis.

You'll appreciate this video.