Announcing the October ARC meeting

dapettit

I'd like to announce the azcummins, I mean the reef_pug or is it mcallahan SWAP-ARMA-POLOZA!

Pack up the used equipment and bring those great frags to this blockbuster meeting. A good time is guaranteed for all!

Mark, is offering to host the October meeting at his home.

There is a UT game that day. It is in Missouri but not sure if it's going to be televised. I sure with a little pleading Mark would tune in the game. . .

Please RSVP to this thread if plannig to attend. If you would like to bring drinks or snacks please send me a PM.

The meetings have been getting larger and larger each month, I'm hoping this one is a complete blowout. It's been great seeing so many new faces mixed in with the regulars at each meeting, if you have not been yet please consider a visit.

I am in need of host volunteers for future meetings. If you've enjoyed yourself at a previous meeting please consider offering us a place to meet up at. PM me with your interest.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered that it works best if people take a pic of what they are trading and bring it with them. Often times the coral is closed up (aka zoas) or doesn't look anything like it does in a tank.

So take your best mug shot of your frags and bring them with you

I am planning to be there.

Hope it is ok to sell frags as well. I don't have anything to trade, but I would like to buy some.

Interesting aside -- I think I started the first Austin reefkeeping "club" about 5 years ago. It started as a bunch of group orders for Flying Fish Express (which I think is no longer in business). From there we graduated to a yahoo group, had a bunch of meetings, etc. I ended up having to do a lot of travel and got out of things for a while and it looked like MAAST took over. I am glad there is an Austin group again, though. Nothing against MAAST, but it is nice to know everyone is local, especially for buying/selling.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Hope it is ok to sell frags as well. I don't have anything to trade, but I would like to buy some.

I plan to be there also, but only for an hour or so as I got a Halloween party thing I need to take my girls to. This will be my first fragswap/meeting. Look forward to meeting people and seeing stuff. And as quoted above, I'm too new to have anything to trade. Also, what should I bring if I'm gonna buy a few frags? A small ice chest? what else do I need? Again, I'm a total noob at all this.

Thanks,

Orlando

Edited by dirkgent001

I plan to be there also, but only for an hour or so as I got a Halloween party thing I need to take my girls to. This will be my first fragswap/meeting. Look forward to meeting people and seeing stuff. And as quoted above, I'm too new to have anything to trade. Also, what should I bring if I'm gonna buy a few frags? A small ice chest? what else do I need? Again, I'm a total noob at all this.

Thanks,

Orlando

A small portable cooler is a great way to carry home anything you buy or swap for. Other than that you can check with the host to see if he needs drinks, chips, cups, ice, etc. It's not required but is a nice gesture. Your biggest task is just showing up. :(