Announcing the October ARC meeting

dapettit

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, thanks so much for hosting a great swap/meeting! Your tank is beautiful and I really appreciate you opening your home for this!

I learned today it's better to take small pieces to a frag swap than bring the whole rock. Thanks Robin and Laura for helping me separate some of those green paly's into pieces people can actually fit in their tanks.

Robin, I'm really excited about getting the pocillopora! Since seeing the big pieces of it in the show tank at Aquatek, it's been at the top of my want list.

Don, I'm also excited about the rainbow monti. Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow after it's settled in a bit. I had to just acclimate all my stuff and leave since my tank's at my office, but I'm going down there tomorrow to see what it all looks like.

Michael, thanks for the purple shrooms. I hope the little red guy you got spreads as well for you as it has for me. If not, let me know and there's more where that came from.

I think it was cmanning I traded my green paly's for birdsnest with. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to cement names and faces in my head. I have to work at that.

Anyway, I hope everyone's trades made them as happy as mine did!

Mark, thanks so much for hosting a great swap/meeting! Your tank is beautiful and I really appreciate you opening your home for this!

I learned today it's better to take small pieces to a frag swap than bring the whole rock. Thanks Robin and Laura for helping me separate some of those green paly's into pieces people can actually fit in their tanks.

Robin, I'm really excited about getting the pocillopora! Since seeing the big pieces of it in the show tank at Aquatek, it's been at the top of my want list.

Don, I'm also excited about the rainbow monti. Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow after it's settled in a bit. I had to just acclimate all my stuff and leave since my tank's at my office, but I'm going down there tomorrow to see what it all looks like.

Michael, thanks for the purple shrooms. I hope the little red guy you got spreads as well for you as it has for me. If not, let me know and there's more where that came from.

I think it was cmanning I traded my green paly's for birdsnest with. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm trying to cement names and faces in my head. I have to work at that.

Yep.....that was me. Thanks again for the paly's, they really look awesome in my tank. I hope the birdsnest comes thru for you and if your candycanes don't recover...I've got plenty and clip off a frag. By the way, I've seen and read about cryptonite candy canes receding as you describe and wondering if it has anything to do w/Ph or KH?! I'll check more into it. It was nice meeting you as well.

-Cindy-

thanks to everyone showing up. The turnout was great, including people bringing tank and light setups so that you could see the frags as they might look in a tank. I was impressed!

Plus I got to meet some new members and re-connect with some ones that I hadn't seen in a while.

I look forward to hosting the next one and seeing everyone back again.

It was great meeting you Sandra!!

And yes, my comments on the frags I got:

Robert and Cindy...candy canes are gorgeous!!...

Don...Blow pops POP!!!

Michael....Eye of Rah is winking already...

Dave & Robin...whatever the name of the zoa I have, it's a keeper!!...not a seller , Dave wink.gif

Innate...cool trades and hope you had an awesome birthdaycool.gif

Thanks again mark and glad the UT cookies were gone, even though I was hunting for crumbsdoh.gif

Mark, thanks for hosting, it was my first meeting an was cool to meet everyone there. Its going to take me a while to put names to screen names to faces. It dawned on me after I left that I had been to Mark's place once before. A few years ago I bought a 24" CADLights T5 strip from him intending to set up my first reef tank. I finally did, but a like 2 years later. Thanks again Mark!

-Orlando

Edited by dirkgent001

Mark, thanks for hosting, it was my first meeting an was cool to meet everyone there. Its going to take me a while to put names to screen names to faces. It dawned on me after I left that I had been to Mark's place once before. A few years ago I bought a 24" CADLights T5 strip from him intending to set up my first reef tank. I finally did, but a like 2 years later. Thanks again Mark!

-Orlando

Errr...you didn't but it from me...I've only been here 1.5 yrs and I've never owned a T5 bulb....

Glad you came and don't worry about names to faces. I just know most people by screen names, or you can always go, "hey you!" and see who turns around!!