New to Austin

Jurgy

Hey everyone. I've been follow this site briefly over the past few weeks as I'm relocating to Austin from Houston. I'm currently a member of MARSH in Houston and would like to eventually get involved with your clubs as well. The company I work for is relocating me up that way and our new store should open in the middle of July. Anyways I will be be running a 180 reef and a 10g nano. I'll be living on the west side of town off of 620 near the dam. Is there any stores near that side of town to pick up livestock/supplies?

Thanks,

Matt

Nice area that you are moving to. As for stores, the nearest one to you would probably be River City Aquatics. I highly recommend them as they are very professional and I find that they have great pricing on livestock and dry goods.

Welcome to ARC and Austin. I am sure that you will enjoy both very much. Feel free to attend the monthly meetings, as you will get to know a bunch of great Austinites.

Welcome to Austin, you'll be living out in a beautiful part of the hill country. RCA is great, but be sure to make the trips to Aquatek and eventually down south to the Aqua Dome. They're both worth the extra miles.

Welcome to Austin, you will be in a beautiful part of the city.

River City and Aquadome have the best prices. Aquadome has more variety of species on hand. River City tends to sell unique pieces much faster. Jake at River City can order you pretty much fish though.

Edited by austinaquaman

Sounds good guys thanks for the replies. I'm gonna be up there a few days this week, I'll try to swing by some of those locations. I want to pick up some tonga rock and get the nano cycling soon. The 180 is a work in process hopefully can have it up and running in August some time. What about Austin Aqua Farms, I know it's not on my side of town but from their site it's looks like they have some really nice pieces.

I work for Bang & Olufsen. If you never heard of the name, we do home entertainment and custom automation systems in homes. The store is going to be located in the second street district.

Welcome!

B&O!! Awesome. Can we get ARC discount?!

I'll be able to manage something. If anyone is looking for some B&O just let me know what you are interested in. We are hoping to have the store up and running by July 15th but I think it's going to be more like August 1st.