The Maroon Lagoon V2.0

13 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Whoever told you the Efflo in the background of the 7th picture was going to turn purple is a reef genius! emoji41.png

Looking good sir!

When Ty speaks, corals listen. Ty demanded the beige and green efflo to be blue, and after 2 years of being the same color, it became true. All hail the coral whisperer!

13 hours ago, ShawnM said:

What is the third to last picture? I want me some of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the UC Bali Shortcake. I've got frags! ^_^

13 hours ago, Sissy36 said:

I'm drooling it's so beautiful! I know I've probably asked twice and right now I'm too lazy to look, but how old is your system? 

The current DT has been up and running for about one and three quarters of a year now. Thank you for the kind words!

Looks great John.  Now get rid of that big blob in the first 2 pics.  It's distracting from all the lovely SPS.

Haha, I use the anemone on the glass to cover up the distracting nuclear glow of that JG Yellow colony. It really takes away from the rest of the tank [emoji38]

Thanks to the BEST local reef club in the world and@mframe I was 3D printed a new frag rack I can hang from my center brace. I am accumulating so many frags these days I am simply running out of space on my two existing racks. This thing is pretty convenient and printed to my exact specifications! Thanks ARC!!
e720590b152ad0d1bc87cd1a03f5cef3.jpg
  • Like 4

You sir, have some of the most dramatic, boldly colored, pleasantly shaped, and symmetrical growth in acropora I think I may have ever seen in an LED lit tank.  Every time I look at this build thread, I am floored at the size of some of this table growth.  You scaped perfectly for it.  Nothing is shading anything

• Like 1

You sir, have some of the most dramatic, boldly colored, pleasantly shaped, and symmetrical growth in acropora I think I may have ever seen in an LED lit tank.  Every time I look at this build thread, I am floored at the size of some of this table growth.  You scaped perfectly for it.  Nothing is shading anything

Thank you sir, unfortunately there is quite a bit of shading and territory battles going on right now. The red planet has grown to a size that it is shading out two colonies at the moment. The perfect solution would be to upgrade to a larger tank and place these tabling acros further from each other. Unfortunately I am at capacity for tank size due to the size of my house so this issue will continue into the foreseeable future. Just good excuses to cut frags! [emoji16]
  • Like 1

The progress on your tank over time has been incredible man. Especially impressive that you travel for work. Well done. 

It's because I travel that everything does so well. Less messing with the tank and moving things around when I'm not physically in front of it [emoji1]

It's because I travel that everything does so well. Less messing with the tank and moving things around when I'm not physically in front of it [emoji1]
Word on the street is he has a Farmer on call just down the street when he's out of town to cover any tank busting situations.[emoji41]

Joking aside though, the tank looks phenomenal and his growth rate is crazy. He's got more frags than he knows what to do with.

45 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Word on the street is he has a Farmer on call just down the street when he's out of town to cover any tank busting situations.emoji41.png

Joking aside though, the tank looks phenomenal and his growth rate is crazy. He's got more frags than he knows what to do with.

Don't spill my secret Ty! But yes, I have the best neighbor in the world that has saved me on many occasions.

Holy crap Gig'em your tank and corals are incredible. I'm not huge on acropora, but some of these are simply amazing. Could you share whats in your mixture of food?

Thank you for the kind words. You should really jump on the acro train, it's a wild ride!!

As for food I use a dollop of fish eggs, a dash of mysis shrimp, a pinch of shredded dried seaweed, a dusting of fish meal, a few spritzes of Selcon, and of course the most important ingredient, LOVE.

17534c3a6e9209fee4b30f10dbff2134.jpg

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Thank you for the kind words. You should really jump on the acro train, it's a wild ride!!

As for food I use a dollop of fish eggs, a dash of mysis shrimp, a pinch of shredded dried seaweed, a dusting of fish meal, a few spritzes of Selcon, and of course the most important ingredient, LOVE.

17534c3a6e9209fee4b30f10dbff2134.jpg

HAHA, I'll probably make an attempt to keep some acros in the inevitable future when set up a tank that holds more than a handful of water. 100% agree with love being crucial.