The Maroon Lagoon V2.0

WOW...what's the diameter of that thing?

Not sure, maybe half a foot now?? It's big enough now that I almost have to lift my viewing box out of the water to get the whole thing in shot! I went back and found a photo of it from 6 months ago, it has definitely grown...
6d537dd850fcbec597d60125e3d94ccd.jpg

I just received my Triton test results back for the year. I timed the test so that my water sample was collected right when corals were ticked by something (what I hypothesize as something making its way through old RO prefilters and old DI resin). So whatever it is isn't tested for by Triton, because for the most part everything looks normal...

Triton 2018.1.JPG

Triton 2018.2.JPG

Triton 2018.3.JPG

I do have that info and I'll post it tonight when I get home for comparisons. I always like to know how my home test kits compare to a 2 week old water sample that has made its way across the Atlantic.
Their results usually runs higher than my hobbyist test kits.

12 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Snapped some photos with the iPhone macro lens. Happy Friday!
3439677fa5db4e72cd58cd65819cd3d5.jpg
728cc65702e995a8b362113f736f826e.jpg
e8b45e1ee0e1b391ff9955b2da886664.jpg
98c212043232a1889de39c4ffa9726f0.jpg

Awesome pictures! What lens for the iPhone do you use? (there are so many!) Do you have some kind of gel filter for the blues or use an app to adjust the colors? I want to get a set of lens for the iPhone but not sure which ones. Thanks

And I hope to be lucky enough to snag a frag of that amazing red planet at the swap! 

Awesome pictures! What lens for the iPhone do you use? (there are so many!) Do you have some kind of gel filter for the blues or use an app to adjust the colors? I want to get a set of lens for the iPhone but not sure which ones. Thanks
And I hope to be lucky enough to snag a frag of that amazing red planet at the swap! 

It is the Zomei iPhone lens. I did use a gel filter for three of those photos. I don't know what the gel filters are called, I got them from another member on the forums.

If I run out of red planet frags at the swap, I can always make more later! [emoji1]

It is the Zomei iPhone lens. I did use a gel filter for three of those photos. I don't know what the gel filters are called, I got them from another member on the forums.

If I run out of red planet frags at the swap, I can always make more later! [emoji1]
I'm the other member on the forum he got it from. [emoji41] Just order a pack of them on EBay. Its mainly going to be the orange filter one you'll be using. I stopped using it because it brings out great colors in the pictures but skewed some other colors. But for iPhone users, its your best bet because the phone heavily skews blues in pictures.
Thanks. Nice pictures! Red planet for everyone! [emoji1319]
  • Like 2