The Maroon Lagoon V2.0

WOW...and what kind of lights are you running?

Haha yes it's a wide range of light intensity and spectrums. Part of why it's so difficult to take good a FTS or video. Currently I have an Ocean Revive, Orphek Atlantik, and T5's. Just a complete hodgepodge, not a sexy setup like yours! [emoji1]
80a56bac08776fca6fe4c25becb69599.jpg

22 minutes ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Haha yes it's a wide range of light intensity and spectrums. Part of why it's so difficult to take good a FTS or video. Currently I have an Ocean Revive, Orphek Atlantik, and T5's. Just a complete hodgepodge, not a sexy setup like yours! emoji1.png
80a56bac08776fca6fe4c25becb69599.jpg

What counts is it's definitely getting the job done!

• Like 1

I Agree with jimbo! Tank Looks great john! What are your schedules for everything and intensity settings on the leds?

Not sure if you’ve checked out the filter lens for iPhones but I have a similar light setup and got this on a whim during a brs sale

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/orange-hd-smart-phone-lens-filter-aquariclip.html

It’s a game changer for my iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Agree with jimbo! Tank Looks great john! What are your schedules for everything and intensity settings on the leds?

Not sure if you’ve checked out the filter lens for iPhones but I have a similar light setup and got this on a whim during a brs sale

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/orange-hd-smart-phone-lens-filter-aquariclip.html

It’s a game changer for my iPhone 6.

Nice! I didn't know they had that. I have different lenses with filters, but they all transition so thats not helpful when half a photo is blue and the other half is a little orange. I use gel filters sometimes on the cooler color corals and that seems to work decently. Still not as good as someone with a DSLR and editing skills!
  • Like 1

The second to last picture has the all-stars in my opinion.  Except for those palys that photo-bombed it.

Haha yes I've done everything to try and kill them, covered them in epoxy, layered them, ripped them out by hand. All I get is more palys. The worst hitchhikers ever

Just now, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Haha no, I never bought bitcoin, but I did put some money in Ethereum and it's been dismal lately. Really the market as a whole just dropped a big one today. Nothing to get upset over, just never fun to see accounts temporarily lose value emoji58.png

I'm not even gonna look at my portfolio when the statement comes.

Looking great John! Jim’s right, second to last one could win some POTMs!

i been cpu mining eth for a little bit... just havnt justified getting risers and video cards to gpu mine.  i'll take my measly 0.00166477 ETH and go home now (cry)

Rolling in the dollar(s)! I can’t justify it either. Game on a console and leave the computing to aws. Haven’t messed with ETH but I’ve heard of few easy labs for bitcoin.

I added the smallest fish I've ever bought to the tank today, a golden eviota font. The longer I'm in this hobby, the more I gravitate towards smaller fish. I love the detail and the personality of small fish, darting in and out of the rockwork. I also just feel bad putting larger fish in a confined tank when I see tangs and angels cruising large swaths of reef in a matter of seconds while I'm diving. Meanwhile I see TONS of little gobies and smaller fish inhabiting the same coral colony and rock outcrop. That image seems more natural and inviting to me than large fish in a small glass cage. I'll get off my soap box now [emoji12]

761e6b861b29c193ec9d5c2c2bd1b651.jpg

In other news, I'll soon be forced to start fragging either my Vivid Confetti colony or my RCA Baton Rouge colony. My guess is they'll be touching by the end of the weekend.
47e1c28f0ee513bd17a3eb3e9251390f.jpg

I agree with the fish. I have been thinking of rehoming most of my large fish and then change to the smaller cryptic fish. I have a chalk bass I love, out all the time, and a red stoplight cardinal I see once every 2 months.

Your tank is amazing! Those corals are impressive!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My H. magnifica anemone FINALLY moved off the front glass and to the back wall after I accidentally left one of my powerheads off for a week while I was out of town. He didn't like the lack of flow so decided to find somewhere else to anchor down. I like this position much more, I can still grow all my acros AND see the front of my mag again [emoji1]

59c98b98e8dfd24ffde33840ff70a168.jpg

Also getting back into the clam scene after I lost all my clams in 2015 to some sort of disease. I tested out a clam in my tank since it's been about 3 years and it seems to be ok so far.
7575bdf5f88affa2eb995a28000dce8f.jpg

• Like 2