Taxonomic changes

FarmerTy

No kidding.

Fungia changed to Pleuractis

Galaxia is a euphyllia now

Scolymia blown to pieces. Normal scoly are now Homophyllia (Sounds like a bad joke...)

Typical favia's are now Dipsastraea and Montastreas are now Phypsastraea.

Alveopora's are now being classified as a type of acro instead of a cousin to gonioporas.

And blasto's basically no longer exist because they don't fit in anywhere.

Everything I learned this year is a farce! **** it. :) Time to start relearning. Thanks for posting this Ty.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You're telling me! My last 11 years in reefkeeping have all been a lie... worst part is I've been spreading the lie.

Oh yeah, alveopora is a cousin to the goniopora... liar FarmerTy! Liar! [emoji17] You know nothing!

This reminds me of when the DSM V came out. The medical nerds were in an uproar.

I'm not sure I can unlearn some of this. Frankly I think it's a conspiracy between the book manufacturers and science nerds. Now my coral Bible is junk. :(

Corals of the World, Vol. 1, 2, 3 (in Slip Cover) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0642322368/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_TZpQvbRMW6312

This reminds me of when the DSM V came out. The medical nerds were in an uproar.

I'm not sure I can unlearn some of this. Frankly I think it's a conspiracy between the book manufacturers and science nerds. Now my coral Bible is junk. sad.png

Corals of the World, Vol. 1, 2, 3 (in Slip Cover) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0642322368/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_TZpQvbRMW6312

Maybe you can get the publisher to send you a sharpie...

awesome read Ty thanks for posting. If anyone remembers all the 'hub-bub' about the proposed euphyllia and acropora embargoes from earlier this year; It seems like the taxonmic shifts might be politically motivated!? Bad Science is usually good $cience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2