Dan and Meg's 240 Gallon Long

Dan H

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complaint. And hope.

5lbs was lasting just under 2 months now (complaint) so 20lbs should last about 7-8 months (hope). :)

Not if I want my alk to stay at a reasonable level. :)

Yeah, on my last reactor, I couldn't slow the flow one bit, it had to be fast to keep up. I burned through CO2 like nothing. This current reactor, I'm able to use a much slower flow and just keep a lower pH and it has been keeping up just fine. Something I tried in the last one with no avail.

After running 4 different CaRX, I'm just chalking it up to the reactor. They all have a mind of their own! [emoji1]

Some updates...

Meg placed an order for some rare Blasto's and asked me if I wanted to place an order for some rare SPS... Why yes! Thanks for asking! Sooooo we got 2 orders in this week... Meg got a puple blasto and an orange one. Really quite stunning. For SPS we got a RRUSA Oblivion, RRUSA Pink Floyd, NR Bonsai Humilis, WWC Yellow Tip, JF Terra Nova, PC Superman, JF Cooter Champagne, and the famed Walt Disney Tenuis.

We definitely did NOT have room for all of those acros, so a few had to go to the chopping table and are now in the frag tank... Ironically we had a few duplicate SPSs, which made choosing which were going to go bye bye easier. Funny enough, we had 3 JF Grape Juices! So if you're looking for a JF Grape Juice colony, let me know.

Today I noticed my pH drop suddenly from 8.7 to 7.92. I've had the pH drop then recover quickly indicating that perhaps the probe is needing some calibration or cleaning, but this time it stayed down for a few hours. I checked the probe and a stomatella was just chillin right on the tip. I'm really getting annoyed with those guys... They keep causing problems. I have to take apart my skimmer pump at least once a week because they keep getting sucked in. I've looked into a pump guard for the skimmer but they don't make one. May have to figure out a way to fabricate something.

Some updates...

Meg placed an order for some rare Blasto's and asked me if I wanted to place an order for some rare SPS... Why yes! Thanks for asking! Sooooo we got 2 orders in this week... Meg got a puple blasto and an orange one. Really quite stunning. For SPS we got a RRUSA Oblivion, RRUSA Pink Floyd, NR Bonsai Humilis, WWC Yellow Tip, JF Terra Nova, PC Superman, JF Cooter Champagne, and the famed Walt Disney Tenuis.

You forgot to attach the pictures....

I purposely didn't put up pictures of the new frags since many SPS look like little brown turds after shipping... I was waiting for them to color up some. But I can get some anyways. :)

I purposely didn't put up pictures of the new frags since many SPS look like little brown turds after shipping... I was waiting for them to color up some. But I can get some anyways. :)

Well it was actually the blastos I really want to see. They're one of my favorite corals!

I purposely didn't put up pictures of the new frags since many SPS look like little brown turds after shipping... I was waiting for them to color up some. But I can get some anyways. smile.png

Well it was actually the blastos I really want to see. They're one of my favorite corals!

+100000000000000000000000000

Got my new toy today. I didn't get any data from the main tank as it was already starting to lower the intensity... But I did get the frag tanks.

Both frag tanks are under a 20k BML. Right tank also has a kessil a150w, left has a kessil a160we.

Right tank lights are 16" from the rack producing a maximum of 150 par.

d4921286f31ea9eaf78441c61da1ad53.jpg

Left tank lights are 12" from the rack producing a maximum of 210 par.

1bd85718c5380c47b4cc8ac70b65123f.jpg

I'm sure I'll do up the display tank soon. I'd like to log it for a full day to see how it ramps up and down.

Archived