When Money is of no concern....... Geesh....

Juiceman

So in looking at this beautiful tank crammed full with tons of coral, is there no real concern about the coral growing into and fighting with other coral? Does it just take care of itself and they all learn to keep their distance? The reason I ask is that I've got a monti digi that's growing at a much faster rate than it's neighbors and will soon be growing into them. One is a pocillopora and the other is an unknown acro (perhaps a bonzai that hasn't colored up yet). All three have attached to the rock work (all the same piece of rock) and are very happy where they're at. I'm getting very close to having to start fragging the encroaching monti stems unless of coarse I don't. Will they play nicey nice or should I get ready to frag? What's been your experience, because I have none in this regard.

So in looking at this beautiful tank crammed full with tons of coral, is there no real concern about the coral growing into and fighting with other coral? Does it just take care of itself and they all learn to keep their distance? The reason I ask is that I've got a monti digi that's growing at a much faster rate than it's neighbors and will soon be growing into them. One is a pocillopora and the other is an unknown acro (perhaps a bonzai that hasn't colored up yet). All three have attached to the rock work (all the same piece of rock) and are very happy where they're at. I'm getting very close to having to start fragging the encroaching monti stems unless of coarse I don't. Will they play nicey nice or should I get ready to frag? What's been your experience, because I have none in this regard.

If we're talking about SPS, I frag them before they come in contact with each other, or if you notice any mesenterial filaments between different corals. Some coral just STN when they come in contact with another coral, so I always try to stay ahead of it so I'm fraggin instead or trying to get a damaged coral to recover.

As far as playing nice, they normally have to be a very closely related coral or they will fight. Especially when it comes to SPS, the identification is often inaccurate or ambiguous at the least, so even something like a valida might not be friendly with another valida.

$KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Thanks for your help Ty.

• Like 3