FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

You cycle those marine pure blocs before hand or just drop them in dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rinsed the heck out of it first, soaked it in a bucket of water for a few days, then dropped it into the tank.

Thanks a lot ty. This Black Friday cart is getting a lot bigger than I expected ha ha

I'm always happy to help others spend their money. [emoji12]

I hear stories of aluminum leechjng and really irritating lps. You triton test on occasion. Have you found that to be a problem?

Leaches aluminum oxide for sure, so the rinse initially removes a lot of the dust from the manufacturing process. I had 20x the recommended Triton level for Al with no issues. Only issues I've heard from people are with leathers. They retract polyps and look irked but eventually come around. I don't have any leathers.

From the limited LPS I have, I can say that it doesn't bug tubinaria, euphyllias, fungias, duncans, gonis, and alveoporas. Also, my anemone doesn't seem bothered by it either.

Beautiful tank, love the video. What is the coral that has encrusted the rock on the left side? There is a hole that a fish is peeking out of it.

Im colorblind so Im not sure what color it is, but it is nice looking.

Thanks Chopper! That is a meteor shower cyphastrea. I've got it under too much light and its more of an aqua than blue butt still pretty to me.
  • Like 1

Beautiful tank, love the video. What is the coral that has encrusted the rock on the left side? There is a hole that a fish is peeking out of it.

Thanks Chopper! That is a meteor shower cyphastrea. I've got it under too much light and its more of an aqua than blue butt still pretty to me.
It still looks really blue to me! Regardless it's stunning. It JUST occurred to me that my coral may be unhappy and I may not even be able to tell. Maybe I should keep a "check my color thread" haha! I guess if they're not going white all is well though, huh? Plus I know things color up differently sometimes

from me

• Like 1

It still looks really blue to me! Regardless it's stunning. It JUST occurred to me that my coral may be unhappy and I may not even be able to tell. Maybe I should keep a "check my color thread" haha! I guess if they're not going white all is well though, huh? Plus I know things color up differently sometimes

from me

Yeah, I wouldn't read much into color unless its brown. Its going to look different in 6 out of 10 tanks.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha banished. No fun time for you wrasse! You're a fun sponge Ty ;)

But seriously, how'd you catch him? I can't catch a cold

from me

Caught him with my fish trap that I stole back from Gigem.

I wish I trusted an Achilles in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unless its a totally ich free tank or very minimal fish population in a large tank, I'd recommend not.

LOVE the Ruby Reds! Had one in the DT for like a week and he took a carpet dive when I left the covers off one night (just plain forgot and wasn't real worried because I didn't think I had any jumpers...). On the list to place though, for sure!

Interestingly, I found one in my overflow the very next day. I had to suck him out with a giant fish feeder as no net could reach back there. Every day I look at them and wonder if this is the day my emperor decides to just suck one up and eat it. They are so tiny and he is so massive!

Fish are so much trouble...but you kind of make me want some.

Maybe I'll just follow your route and just sell the tank and fish and start up a Pico. You might be living the dream Peter and I'm just torturing myself!