My New Toy Is Almost Here

nuxx

did u check and try to take out the front braces for the sump?

I didn't take them out, but there did seem to be enough play that it would be possible in an emergency.

No leaks that I can see, just one pin hole leak in the internal overflow. Pretty easy to see where. I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to things like this... but Jeremy is going to reseal it for peace of mind, even though Jeremy and the tank builder said it won't effect the tank's operation.

Tank builder also offered to fly out and fix it, but I don't think it's something big enough to warrant that. Pretty impressed he's so behind his work that he'd burn a flight to Austin to correct the issue though.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sign of someone who stands behind there work in a society of PPL that don't care about there reputation. Sign of a great American who works hard to keep his name and product upstanding.

Yeah kind of blew me away smile.png

sign of someone who stands behind there work in a society of PPL that don't care about there reputation. Sign of a great American who works hard to keep his name and product upstanding.

Yeah kind of blew me away smile.png

Very good point, but then again, it is Austin in the winter. Not exactly the worse place to be. Lets see if he would fly to Boston at this time of the year. :)

Some pictures of a few pieces of your macro rock cycling. Patrick

PS. the third picture shows my back wall fallen over on sandbed. A Rose Rock Anemone crawled into a crevasse in your macro rock. I need to buy this rock from you. Please.

post-766-0-95996100-1386173899_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-21382600-1386173924_thumb.jpg

post-766-0-82482000-1386174039_thumb.jpg

Awesome Patrick looks great smile.png

Thanks so much again for your help with the rock!

Tank builder is out of Maryland, so I'm sure Austin would be a good escape right now tongue.png

He also ate the cost of going from .75" to 1" acrylic when the .75" he ordered was actually a little bit under .75".

• 1 month later...

Kevin (http://www.austinreefclub.com/user/2333-kfennell/'>kfennell) was nice enough to come over with his wife yesterday and help me get my plumbing all done, well I was pretty much an assistant ;)

Hours later and after two trips to Lowes everything was done. Even 0 drips when fired up for the first time. I was really impressed with how thorough Kevin was. I'd really have had some issues trying to get the Bean Animal overflow setup.

Just ordered some Loc-line fittings, better 1/4" tubing and plastic clips for the return pumps. Should be here by the end of the week and I'll run the system full of fresh water for a few days to make sure we're good to go. Then just clean everything up nice and move back into place and start filling up with saltwater.

Then it's off to put my rock in, adding sand, doing the ATO and automatic water change system and should be ready to close all this and start a tank build thread :)

post-2170-0-82563700-1389038704_thumb.jp

post-2170-0-33844000-1389038712_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to water test my system this weekend.

My buddy Tuan came up from San Antonio on Saturday to tweak a few things and we were off to the races.

Noticed two drip leaks in the plumbing, but some Weldon and PVC cement seems to have fixed those.

Going to run for a few days while it's pulled out to make sure that nothing is leaking before moving into place.

System is pretty quiet, just some hum from the return pumps and water noise from the tank into the overflow, but it's not bad at all. Loudest thing is the one Jebao WP60 I have running... but should get quiet when a slim coat builds up.

Also pretty impressed with the WP60. Will make a 2-3" wave across the full 10 feet when it was mounted half way down the right side pointing down the tank. Not sure if I'll need the other WP60, 4 WP40s and 2 Sicce 4000s now lol

Glad you got that bean animal setup figured out!

Looking good Offshore. I'm jealous of the 10' long tank!

Thanks man, was giving me a fit... just needed a few tweaks wink.png

It's quiet now and the syphon starts every time!

Let it run all yesterday and last night, looked pretty solid. I'm letting it sit off right now until this evening. Want to make sure it can sit for a day without power and not overflow. I have about an inch left in the sump on power off.

If everything goes well, will empty it and move back into place this weekend. Then start the fun stuff like putting down egg crate and making saltwater smile.png

Looks like everything worked out, sorry for not coming to help with the plumbing. Its hard for me to find time on the weekends to sleep with deer season, kids, the yard etc. Hope your not mad. Did u remove the braces to install the sump?

Looks like everything worked out, sorry for not coming to help with the plumbing. Its hard for me to find time on the weekends to sleep with deer season, kids, the yard etc. Hope your not mad. Did u remove the braces to install the sump?

Not at all totally understand, already did me a huge favor with the stand! smile.png

Yeah took out the 3 braces to put the sump in. Was a breeze to get it in there.

I put composite shims under all the braces and feet to level it out. Do you think that's good enough?

• 2 weeks later...

(Changed my display name btw...)

Did a lot this weekend...

Got the RODI installed and it's feeding into the 50 gallon vertical storage container. There was a pinhole leak on the plug at the bottom of the container. So I just siliconed it into place (don't plan on changing it).

Installed a gutter into my sump for ATO water, so it'll be going into the sump at a higher level than the water level in my storage container. Will use it to feed both new saltwater and ATO water.

Also installed a HD cam on one of the side walls to look down the tank.

Put some stronger DC pumps in place of my Quiet One 6000 Pros.

All that's left now is to move the tank back into place and re-level it.

Going to wait until tomorrow to start making RODI again, to give the silicone 48 hours to cure.

Should be putting in eggcrate and saltwater this week smile.png

Well just moved the tank back into place and re-leveled.

Going to start adding water tomorrow after wiping down and putting down egg crate biggrin.png

Guess this thread can be closed and I'll start a build thread tongue.png

post-2170-0-78213300-1391640629_thumb.jp

LOL yeah... think them being close to the bottom and not having all the water in there isn't helping...

When I was testing with fresh water, they were mounted dead middle and were A LOT quieter!!!

Archived