My New Toy Is Almost Here

nuxx

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might need to take you up on that.

One thing I'm good at is beer. Jeremy and I have been trading beer so far lol

Drinking some Stone collaboration stout right now during the game :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Not much going on the last week or so.

Put the plywood and foam on last night, also put the foam on the bottom for the sump.

Tim is coming tomorrow morning to jack the stand on to the stand.

Need to take down some shelves today, which I'm sure will get me in trouble with my wife before Tim comes though.

Haven't asked about the fittings yet >:0

It should be in place for Thanksgiving by tomorrow :)

Moved the table and chairs out of the room and took the shelves down.

Put the stand in place and... **** that this thing is going to be massive... should be perfect height with the wheels are taken off smile.png

The stand is also about 5.5" to 6" off of the wall.

My wife actually didn't think it looked too bad. It's in a nice out of the way place for people coming in through the front door or the garage... you'd never see it until you are in the living or dining room.

She even had a good idea of where to mount a camera so we can spy on the tank. So I guess she's more on board now. She wasn't very happy this morning about taking shelves down.

post-2170-0-98252900-1384470024_thumb.jp

Well another tank moving magic session by Tim :)

The tank fit VERY snug into the stand. It's not going anywhere.

It's crazy what Tim can do with some wood, cinder blocks and his jack.

Fit nicely in the room, need to get the table back in there and lower the chandelier back down to really get a feel for it.

I think the height is just perfect as well.

Thanks so much to Jeremy and Tim!

post-2170-0-31433600-1384557045_thumb.jp

If I would have known you were doing the tank today I would have held off a couple of hours before telling you it looks nice. Now I have to say it all over again.

Hey man, that looks great. Beautiful tank. It's going to be great to see.

Wait, are you going to post another picture in an hour with the chandelier in place?

so was the tank to tight? It should have been close but not close enough to scrape the bottom/side. Atleast it didn't fall to the floor and welds start breaking....LOL JK. That wont happen. Looks GREAT!!!

Yeah my bad on that one lol... was TOO close based on my measurement. The welds caused an issue on the front right. Tim had to round off a bit of the acrylic to get it to fit. Well it's super snug now, but sitting clean :)

sorry about that, atleast there was plenty of plastic there to cut, and you wont see where u had to grind. Im sure I will be by soon to help with the rest of the tank. I can check it out then.

Yeah perfect too me. Don't think there is 0.000000% chance that sliver of acrylic missing will hurt anything.

I'll shoot you a picture of the tank in the stand in a bit. Trying to catch up on a swamped day.

Had to deal with some work migration drama, and got a screw in my car's tire last night. Had to get it fixed today as well. Then hung out with a buddy that came back to town last night... had 3 Old Rasputin Stouts at Whole Foods then had a few more porters back at his place. Even won at an impromptu game of poker... much to my wife's dismay because I never play and really don't like poker lol..

Needless to say I wasn't near 100% this morning... or even now...

sweet...Well theres something else we have in common, Craft Beer drinking and playing poker. I really like a good game of Hold-em with a small buy in say $40-$60 cash game.

LOL you and my wife there :P I'll play if I have to. So I thought it was funny that I won. When we go to Vegas I'll play the video game like slots and Tina will hit up the poker tables haha

Looks great. I bet you are really, really excited!

Yeah very excited. It kind of dropped off for a while when I was waiting for the tank to be finished. Got more excited when the tank showed up, then more so again when the stand came. Dropped off while waiting to put the tank of the stand.

Going to take a break till after Thanksgiving now. Wife wants that room in order for a bit lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well went ahead and filled the tank up to check for leaks etc...

Everything seems fine, just happened to have the hose pop out right as the tank was about full... so water everywhere and made it a bit hard to check for leaks.

Guess I'm going to let it sit for a few hours and check again lol

post-2170-0-02202000-1385920031_thumb.jp

You're a brave man doing your leak check in the house! My wife would have sent the divorce papers before I could even turn on the hose! doh.gif

Looking good Offshore! Can't wait to start seeing it come together. I'm jealous of your sump space.

Archived