How do you get water in your topoff?

chark

I keep my topoff water in the stand. It is hard to access and get water in. I have to pull it out to get the water in. Do you have another way to get the water in the reservoir without spilling?

I use the blue water bottles for my top off, like the ones you see on the top of the water cooler / dispensers. I pour them into a 10 gallon Brute in my cabinet. They make it way easier to pour compared to the square jugs.

I keep mine in a 7 gallon blue water container in the basement directly below the tank and run the tubing through the floor. My water making station is down there too so no lugging water.

I keep mine in a 7 gallon blue water container in the basement directly below the tank and run the tubing through the floor. My water making station is down there too so no lugging water.

I do wish we had basements in Texas. In my whole life, I have only seen two houses in Texas that had basements.

• Like 1

I keep my reservois water in a 5 gallon Lowes bucket under that table next to my tank. My wife has elected to take on the project of finding a something to either put the bucket in or dressing up some other type of container. She does like the gray Lowes bucket better than the flourescent orange Home Depot bucket but feels certain that improvement can be made.

• Like 1

I do wish we had basements in Texas. In my whole life, I have only seen two houses in Texas that had basements.

Limestone and groundwater make it verrrry tricky.

I keep my reservois water in a 5 gallon Lowes bucket under that table next to my tank. My wife has elected to take on the project of finding a something to either put the bucket in or dressing up some other type of container. She does like the gray Lowes bucket better than the flourescent orange Home Depot bucket but feels certain that improvement can be made.

My wife insists that I get cabinets made to hide all of the aquarium stuff but then complains that I'm spending too much (which is true).

My wife insists that I get cabinets made to hide all of the aquarium stuff but then complains that I'm spending too much (which is true).

^ this

^ this

Turn the "hobby" into an "investment" by "investing" in corals you can frag to "offset the costs" of the "hobby"

• Like 1

I ran my RO/DI line directly into the container with a stop valve on the line and a float valve in the container. When the top-off water gets low, I open up the stop valve and let it fill up. The float valve will stop it if I forget to turn the water back off. No more buckets or filling up the top-off container.

The stop valve is a must as otherwise your container will automatically fill up each time your top-off turns on. Those short periods of refill will get you the dirtiest water as the initial water coming out of your RO/DI unit is typically dirtier than if it is ran for a bit. Hence why I won't refill the container until it is almost empty.

-Ty

• Like 1