pico contest rules thread.

aggieMEDIC

"Stocking and equipment lists must be finalized 30 days prior to voting."

I think it's fair to say it still goes towards your livestock budget since you bought it and put it in your tank unless you can sell it and recoup some of the cash but you can't sell it for more than you purchased it for.

"You may not increase your budget by selling equipment/livestock/corals from your system."

not allowing for livestock changes, is a bit silly, but if "them's the rules" then...so be it

Livestock changes are allowed, they just come out of your budget, unless you replace with the exact same thing. Or like Brian said, sell it.

• 2 months later...

Well unfortunately my black thumb has moved to affect my pico too. I cant keep up with it. It had a feather duster and a flower nem in it but when other stuff started dying I pulled them to protect them and now thats all I have left.

We leave for disney on thursday morning so all my $$$ has been going toward that and haveent put anything into the tank.

I was very excited for this contest but sometimes life and bad luck get in the way. Tank is still up but just has some asterina stars in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post this on Tuesday but I guess we all need to post a picture of and our final stocking lists.

WHo's still in this thing? I know we have unfortunately lost a few contestants.

I'm still in, although I'm not sure what shape my little tank is in. I was wondering if we do that on the 4th or 15th. Well either way mine is done as of the 15th of last month. I'll get pics and all posted after I get everything unhooked.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys a little behind on my 15th update. Here's a new FTS and i'll be updating my build thread with more pics.

I also reposted my vid here for those that haven't seen it. Sorry I played with the focus too much but it's the look I was going for.

There's also a quick macro vid I made using my reverse ring macro lens of an amphipod in the pico.

post-1271-0-55562200-1371949687_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think a Pico sub forum in tank builds would be a good idea.

I like that idea, I could put my current build into it.

I prefer to keep the reef threads in one section since our members really do range across the spectrum of tank sizes. We currently have a forum specifically for tank builds here. Since this contest has ended it might make more sense to close this thread and start new topics back in the Build or Reefkeeping forums.

Having numerous sub-categories tends to confuse newbies about where the proper place to post is and doing so creates a lot of clean up work for the mods. The ability to add tags provides a further way to filter and sort content. The previous sub-forums we've created don't see a lot of activity these days (seahorses, lagoons, contests). In general if we see traffic trending to justify such a section or sub-section we'll create one, but we try to wait until we see a true need for it. I've noted the request and will continue to watch it.