Anyone interested in a pico contest?

aggieMEDIC

Pico Contest  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been looking for an aio and I think I have decided on the aqueon4 as well. But im not totally sure about the light. Will have to see if it will need supplemented or not. I like a bluer look than some.

We will have to see.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII which is cooler than your phone.

I have been looking for an aio and I think I have decided on the aqueon4 as well. But im not totally sure about the light

If you get one, and want to get rid of the stock light let me know, I like the stock light but want a bit more and I think 2 would look cool.

After some looking around, I'm leaning towards a micro reefs 3 gal. Very sleek little tank, glass, with a glass lid. I really like the dimensions of these since I was wanting something shallow and not so tall and skinny like all of them seem to be. Too bad shipping is so much, but still might be worth it. I also like the jbj picotope but don't want the light and don't need the filter. It's also nice to have a cover if I'm going to be gone. Hmmmm.

Did anyone decide if shipping becomes deducted with the item from the budget?

I know one mod voted no and moved on without reading this post.

Try if you want:) I'm fine with it here

Maybe it's because he didn't think of the idea. I don't see much from the mods on this site anyway. I'm sure I will see this post deleted though.

This really needs it's own section. I've read through it a few times and it's already too long and too hard to find the final rules. Plus with all the other topics in reef keeping we'll have to dig to find info.

everyone click the report button on KimP's reply. Add to your reply that you would really like to see it become a sticky on its own section. All our reports will hit the mod eyes and admin eyes!

I'll pm mike too.

Please don't use the report button for this purpose, rather do as Kim said and PM either me or the Moderators with requests such as these. The "Report" button should only be used for offending content, rules violations, or other issues that require immediate attention from the staff. It's like crying wolf, please only do so when you truly need an immediate response.

While the mods and I do try to read most if not all of the content here, we don't always see nor follow every thread. We also try to moderate lightly, I think the fact that you "don't see much from the mods on this site" is a testament to that. I have been watching the thread as I've had time and waiting for the rules and participants to solidify. It seems that you've reached that point, so most of you will be happy to see a new section called Contests under the Speciality Reefs section. I've pinned this topic there and we can create and pin a Rules post to the top if you like. Each participant should create their own new topic under the http://www.austinree...2-pico-contest/ sub-heading in which to document their build.

I think it's a fun idea and glad there's such enthusiasm for it. Enjoy!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Although I'm a bit conflicted with trying to put my other tank up at the moment I think if I can get the wife interested in this contest and make it her tank then I can get away with getting corals that she chooses for it. Thanks to Jake at River City and ARC for the raffle. I was able to win the pico raffle so that'll be what I will be using. I was thinking of keeping the tank at work where I would be able to get away with stocking it without having to worry about getting yelled at for buying "another piece of coral" but our air/heat gets turned off during the weekends and I'm not really sure the evaporation rate of a 4g for regular ro/di water but with at least a 1g water change weekly that'll mean I'm carrying 8lbs on my back for my ride in to work. I need to research the light on the Aqueon Evolve 4 and see if the LED is truly good for coral and other things like rockscape and substrate but count me in.

• Like 1