BIG NEWS! C4 (Capital City Coral Corral) is coming!!!

Ok kids, the store is officially closed. If you didn't get your ticket online you can still purchase at the door tomorrow. Additionally, if you didn't get in on the lunch buffet but would like to, the Crowne Plaza has offered to allow anyone without a lunch ticket to purchase the lunch buffet at the same discounted price. I'd recommend that since it lets you stay close to insure you don't miss any of the door prize drawings.

Check the itinerary here, and remember, you must be present to win.

It's going to be a blast people, and thank you all for making this event shape up to be such a success!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really bummed, because I can't make it. My parents are in town with our new puppy, and they've suffered me fretting over my tank already. I just can't break away. I'm considering my 2 tickets as donations to ARC, but if there's someone in need please let them use the tickets and/or lunches.

Glad everyone enjoyed them selves.

As a staff member, it seemed to go off fairly well and the feedback we've received so far has been 99% positive. From 'us' to 'you' thanks for your support and making this the success it seems to be thus far.

Hopefully, next year will be bigger and even better.

As a club member; a giant THANK YOU to Mike for having the vision for this and bringing it to fruition!

Great job Mike!

The only suggestion I would have for next year is a bigger room for the vendor alley. I think everyone really got to know each other when checking out the vendors!

We did not get to see all the speakers due to our schedule, but the ones we saw were great! Although, I had to take my girlfriend out for oysters thanks to the giant clam speach.

"This is the first time I have ever won" if I do recall Peter ;)

Thanks to all the Mike, Volunteers and staff, the sponsors and vendors and guest speakers.

Had a great time, won a powerhead, picked up some coral glue. Had some laughs and good conversation.

But yes a bigger area for the vendor alley (a little too cozy at times when it got busy)

I'll second what Rob and fishNAPS said...

I can't believe how much of a flop it was.. whistle.gif

I had an awesome time and have started editing photos.. I'll say one thing.. Hotel lighting sucks.. lol, but the photos are coming out with some help. If using the crown next year, I'll be bringing some more much needed light.

To all the vendors and sponsors: Thank you a million times! This could not have happened with out you guys.

To all the speakers: one word.. Awesome! It was great meeting and talking to each of you.

Next year will be something to look forward to and I'm sure the planning will start.. yesterday..

Had a great time! Was fun to win some prizes, and I got the flip cleaner I was about to order. Glad I held off :)

I'd probably fly back next year to check it out, just need to see schedule and hotel costs.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Mike for organizing all this! I know it was a lot of work! We had fun trying this out for the first time & look forward to next yr. A huge Thank-you goes out to Laura, Stacy & April for helping us out front! To Laura for letting Mike put in all the extra time organizing & planning, to Stacy for being right there helping us out when we got busy checking everyone in & a double thanks to April for taking over the merchandise table & being the best saleswoman ever!!

My husband and I had the BEST time at C4 on Saturday. Even though the vendor room was small, we enjoyed being able to have great conversations with the vendors and look at all of the awesome stuff they had to offer. The speakers were quite interesting and they really impressed me, especially James Fatherree (I want some clams now!). The entire day went by SO quickly. We cannot wait until next year. We wanted to offer a HUGE "THANK YOU" to the C4 staff who did an amazing job running this event! Your hard work paid off and was greatly appreciated. Wonderful event overall!

A heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone who took the time to attend! The speakers were amazing, the exhibitors and sponsors did a fantastic job and WHAT AN AMAZING VARIETY OF DOOR PRIZES!

Hands down, though, the winners of the day for us were the staff and volunteers. The event could not have run more smoothly and we thank everyone for their hard work and the hours they put in to make it such a great event.

We'll be reviewing the comment cards to make notes so that next year is even better (and bigger). Our biggest challenge will be topping that speaker list, as I said this lineup was amazing!

Apologies for the crowded vendor room (and the loud music coming from next door!), but when the guys started asking if they could bring in more items and tanks to show off for everyone, how could I say no? The goal is to have twice as many exhibitors next year (with at least twice as much room), and the attendance and feedback from our sponsors/exhibitors from this year should make that an easy goal to achieve.

Thanks again guys, I can't tell you how great it felt sitting in the back of the room during the panel discussion and seeing a roomful of active, involved reef-keepers. It's this kind of interest and participation that will keep the hobby moving forward. We're so glad you all enjoyed it!

Mike & Laura

Had a great time! Was fun to win some prizes, and I got the flip cleaner I was about to order. Glad I held off smile.png

I'd probably fly back next year to check it out, just need to see schedule and hotel costs.

Always have a room you can use for free whenever your in town.

Had a great time! Was fun to win some prizes, and I got the flip cleaner I was about to order. Glad I held off smile.png

Are you moving?

Are you moving?

Yeah I am moving in May/June it's been a blast in ATX but time to move on and see more places.

Now if I could learn to stop working on my system and start breaking it down..... which I know just a week before I move I'll probably do an upgrade haha

Are you moving?

Yeah I am moving in May/June it's been a blast in ATX but time to move on and see more places.

Now if I could learn to stop working on my system and start breaking it down..... which I know just a week before I move I'll probably do an upgrade haha

Ah man, sad to see you go but hope you have great future experiences. I'm sure you can find a place to crash for the next C4 without a hotel.

Archived