ARC *APRIL 21, 2012* Spring Frag Swap

mFrame

ARC 2012 Frag Swap  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because of excessive heat in Austin, extended outside activies are dubious between May thru Sept. The weather says March/April and Oct/Nov. I know that the host moved everything inside last summer for the heat. If a proper location that is immune to weather is provided, then it does not matter what time of the year that a frag swap is selected.

With respect to the location, if the socializing aspect of the ARC meetings is important, I would like to recommend the possibility of using an outside patio area from a restaurant or club. This would also put ARC in a higher visability then when at a private residence. Just a thought.

I would be happy to host the frag sap in April. I would have said so sooner, but I did not want to be self serving in advertising my business by hosting a frag swap at it. Another consideration is the fact that I am 10 miles south of 290W at Mo-Pac. Further to drive for you northerers.

However, if you all vote on April for the frag swap, I am having a crawfish boil after the April 21 ARC meeting. If a crawfish boil works with a frag swap, then I can make it happen.

Patrick

I'm relatively new here but why is it required to be outside??

Cheers,

It's not. The month we select will go a long way toward determining the location. Previously it was held outdoors because a member donated her yard for it, which didn't cost anything to the club. I don't mind checking into the availability of some venues depending on the month and how many people plan to attend.

I don't mind checking into the availability of some venues depending on the month and how many people plan to attend.

I can't bring Homebrew to venues.. tongue.png

BTW.. The title says spring... Last I checked June and July were in the Summer.. :P

I don't mind checking into the availability of some venues depending on the month and how many people plan to attend.

I can't bring Homebrew to venues.. tongue.png

BTW.. The title says spring... Last I checked June and July were in the Summer.. tongue.png

Better? :P

• 2 weeks later...

With 31 of 55 votes, April wins! We'll be scheduling the frag swap to coincide with the April Meeting (4/21/2012) at Patrick's (Subsea, owner of Castille Coral Ranch) place. One of our local cajuns, Patrick will be taking the opportunity to show us his place!

In his words, "Bi-annual frag swap, monthly ARC meeting and crawfish boil. Sounds good to me. I would only ask people to bring an extension cord and a power strip for their needs. After the meeting I will open up the Jacuzi for those that care. It all sounds good to me.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick"

Thanks for the generous offer Patrick, I'm sure it'll be an event to remember!

I'll be bringing at least one plastic table, chairs, and my portable canopy. If others bring what they have we should have plenty of display place.

Chime in if you want me to bring the ARC frag tank to setup for those without travel equipment to display frags in.

Sweet! I've never actually been to a frag swap. Is buying frags allowed? I don't actually have anything to swap yet.

Speaking of which; if someone would like to host a "how to frag" tutorial/meetup I'd be v interested in attending! :D