ARC *APRIL 21, 2012* Spring Frag Swap

mFrame

ARC 2012 Frag Swap  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sweet! I've never actually been to a frag swap. Is buying frags allowed? I don't actually have anything to swap yet.

Speaking of which; if someone would like to host a "how to frag" tutorial/meetup I'd be v interested in attending! :D

I think mark has done a couple of videos on fragging check out his site.

I've got no frags either. Will be there to buy and hopefully get some sea plants for my sump.

I have a variety of red macros and several cultivars of feather Caulerpa. While I am not actively selling until July 1, at which time I anticipate greenhouse output to be coming on line. I am using what I am growing/multiplying in 100 gallon in ground tanks as the seed stock to add to the 20K growout tanks. I have many nice macros that qualify as display quality plants, I would be happy to make a gift to you of your choice. In the future, I will practice a concept in marketing from 100 years ago, "Lagnaippe".

Patrick

Sweet! I've never actually been to a frag swap. Is buying frags allowed? I don't actually have anything to swap yet.

Speaking of which; if someone would like to host a "how to frag" tutorial/meetup I'd be v interested in attending! biggrin.png

Yes, even though it's called a frag swap and trading is definitely encouraged, feel free to bring frags to sell. I'm sure there will be plenty to buy, so bring an empty cooler to keep your purchases and acquisitions in. More details to be posted soon.

Flat green frags (i.e. money) is always welcome to trade at Frag Swaps wink.png

I have also accepted round silver colored frags (hey, some reefers just got change to spare, LOL).

Is it ok to post to this thread if we are seeking something in particular at the swap?

I'll be bringing a pretty nice variety of everything from softies and zoas up to chalices and sps. I am looking for high end/unusual chalices or shrooms. Also looking for FF Setosa Monti (a nice size frag or colony) and any very brightly colored/high end/unusual montis and zoas/palys. Happy to trade, or trade cash :)

And I'm bringing a metric ton of red star polyps to cancel out Kevins sheet of GSP (this stuff has GOT to be related to gsp).

• Like 1

A metric ton. Nothing like being in Texas with everything being bigger and brighter. I would definitely be interested in Red Star Polyps. Ask me later to tell you the joke about the Texas oilman and the Scottish oil man.

Patrick

Im working on having the monti frag tank.......most are already waiting to go!!!!! Have at least 15 species to bring....yay...can't wait.....let me know if interested

You bet I am interested! 15 species??? I will be a kid in a candy store :)

I am also desperately looking for purple digitata if anyone has any. I like purple, any kind of purple. If it's a purple coral, then I must own it.

For the frag swap, I would like to extend an offer.

If there is any interest, I will bring my reefkeeper band saw for use at the swap. It would be available for things you want to cut fresh for the swap, or for something you want to bring to cut and take back home. If folks think this would be a good idea, let me know and I will be sure to bring it.

I'm excited for this meeting. It'll be my first frag swap. I'm hoping to have my tank stocked with all the fish I want by April so this is my chance to get all the frags I like! I'll be bringing those flat green frags (cash) JamesL mentioned. wink.png

Seeing that this is my first swap meet, what materials do you recommend bringing? I was thinking coral frag plugs, ziploc bags, styrofoam cooler, depending on weather an ice or heat pack, bucket, anything I'm missing?

• 4 weeks later...

I've got no frags either. Will be there to buy and hopefully get some sea plants for my sump.

Long, I have sea plants for your sump. Macros are beautiful.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...