Brooks' Seahorse Tank

Brooks

To be honest, I think you're underestimating the Panorama units a bit if you're considering 2 of them over your tank - but to each his own. You'd be cleaning the glass a lot less frequently with a single PAR38 unit (depending on brand of bulb, color temperature, and optics) - but I'm glad you got and enjoy the Panorama. You may want to add one or two Stunner Strips to go along with it, people are often surprised by how bright they are. I've got a single 453nm royal blue Stunner and a pair of 403nm UV Stunners over my 150g and it's far from a glorified moonlight :wave:

If you do end up adding Stunner Strips to your set-up, make sure to get the optional reflectors - they are priceless and seem to at least double the amount of light focused into the tank.

To be honest, I think you're underestimating the Panorama units a bit if you're considering 2 of them over your tank - but to each his own. You'd be cleaning the glass a lot less frequently with a single PAR38 unit (depending on brand of bulb, color temperature, and optics) - but I'm glad you got and enjoy the Panorama. You may want to add one or two Stunner Strips to go along with it, people are often surprised by how bright they are. I've got a single 453nm royal blue Stunner and a pair of 403nm UV Stunners over my 150g and it's far from a glorified moonlight :lol:

If you do end up adding Stunner Strips to your set-up, make sure to get the optional reflectors - they are priceless and seem to at least double the amount of light focused into the tank.

I might end up adding another stunner or two. I'm going to add some corals here soon and watch them. If they need more light, I can add more! :D

Very awesome. I opted for two females because I can't meet the demands of a breeding pair and I wouldn't be able to throw away re dead without trying. I hope this works man!

I was originally going to go with two females to avoid the work that you have to put in with a breeding pair, but I figured if I can get another tank set up, I can handle taking care of the fry.

I've been talking to some other people on other boards who I can ship my fry to in the case that I couldn't take care of them, too.

Video will be on my YouTube channel as well

Collin, I have hardly any flow in there at all. I've got a filter that circulates, and that is it. I'm planning to add a very small Tunze in there for them to play in. It is a common misconception that Seahorses do not like flow, when in fact, they love it! As long as they have a place to rest that is out of the strong current.

You 2 are awesome!! I love reading your posts...

Brooks...that male is getting BIG!!!!!!!!

I will post pics of the 2 baby fry I have been successful with...I wish I knew how to upload a video from my iTouch for you...I have toys that I do not know how to fully use... :lol:

You 2 are awesome!! I love reading your posts...

Brooks...that male is getting BIG!!!!!!!!

I will post pics of the 2 baby fry I have been successful with...I wish I knew how to upload a video from my iTouch for you...I have toys that I do not know how to fully use... :lol:

Haha! Thanks Laura!!

And YES! He is getting very big... and he still eats like a pig (that rhymed).

Please do! I was going to ask to see them when I was over, but completely forgot. wacko.gif

Also, I talked to Dan on the phone today when I made the order... I've read all of his posts and articles over the past days. Lol.