Brooks' Seahorse Tank

Brooks

Sorry..guys for not posting sooner....been a little crazy here in the past 24 hours...

OK...Brooks...now my prayers are shifted back to your baby seahorses...they were a little busy somewhere else last night... ;) GO BROOKS!!!

I will have some things for sale to aid in seahorse rearing at fantastic prices, plus some giveaways. I am finding more, the more I look!!

I have:

Formalin 3-sealed bottles

Decapsulated Baby Brine shrimp eggs

Dan's BBS Enriching Formula ( 4 bags)

a BBS shrimp hatching kit

airlines and pumps to go with them...

10g,20g gallon tanks

a BBS net

plastic plants and hitching posts

I'm still looking, so I'm sure I'll find more!!

Thank ya Laura! :))

I'd love to get some of the Enriching Formula, and some hitching posts! Probably some more to go along with everything else I'm gettin from you! Haha

Ooh, and some more formalin! And probably a 10g tank.

Brooks, she was clearly saying that stuff is all MINE ! haha kidding

Laura, glad everything is okay...i will! keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Make sure and let me know when you want to stop by!! wave.gif

Brooks....WHY do my corals look SO much better in your tank???? Should have gotten out a long time ago....but I have to say how comfortable I feel that you have them... :D I know you will raise these ponies up with Collin and do a Mama proud!~!

Way to go B. But..MEH!

Time for sig update.

Thanks Robb. :D

BTW, I've been at Seton back and forth for 3 or 4 days now. Where have choo been?

Wow Brooks, that's truly incredible :D Keep up the good work!

Thanks Kim! :cool:)

Brooks....WHY do my corals look SO much better in your tank???? Should have gotten out a long time ago....but I have to say how comfortable I feel that you have them... :) I know you will raise these ponies up with Collin and do a Mama proud!~!

Haha they looked GREAT in your tank! Thats why I picked them out! laugh.gif

And thank you! :) Collin is coming over today I think!

man sounds like your doing Awesome.... all I need for mine is the sand and Im ready to go... although I have one question... how much rock is a good amount for them to have in a 58 gal???? I will probably be selling some cause I have a feeling I have too much in there :) congrats Brooks on your success you are surely following in Mama Lauras footsteps :)

man sounds like your doing Awesome.... all I need for mine is the sand and Im ready to go... although I have one question... how much rock is a good amount for them to have in a 58 gal???? I will probably be selling some cause I have a feeling I have too much in there :) congrats Brooks on your success you are surely following in Mama Lauras footsteps :)

Thanks August and/or Jake! laugh.gif

I am glad to see that there is sort of a... Seahorse revolution going on here in ARC! I hope your tank is doing well. smile.gif

To answer your question, I think it is all a matter of personal choice when it comes to a Seahorse tank. Many will say that you shouldn't put live rock in there, as it increases the chance for hydroids and other harmful hitchhikers to enter your water column, and ultimately kill your Seahorses.

I used two rocks, as I like the look of a minimal amount of rock in the tank. Not only does it decrease the chances for harmful hitchhikers, but it also allows you to see your Seahorses more often!

Great news man! How many do you have total?

Thanks Clint!!!

I should probably take a head count... I'd say 100-120 left. Not quite sure though.

ALL BABIES ARE EATING FROZEN CYCLOPEES!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

NEXT STOP....FROZEN MYSIS!!!!! Shave it down and watch them devour it!!... A+ Honor Student.... ;)

You got it! I'm going to give it a try tomorrow morning. They'll be pretty hungry by then I imagine!! laugh.gif

Thanks Laura! Can being a Nicoletta Honor Student go on my resume? biggrin.gif