The February ARC Meeting

dapettit

A quick idea I had for all attending:

I'm trying to get my zoo rock going (large rock in center of my tank, I want it covered in different zoos). So here's my idea. If you have a frag of zoos (at least 2 polyps) that you'd sell for $5, bring it. I'll commit to buying 10 for my tank ($50 total) and the rest will be available for anyone looking to pick up something cool for their tank.

This doesn't need to be limited to zoos, so if you have sps or other frags feel free, but each should be a $5 frag. This way everybody has a chance to take home something new for their tank. What do you think?

I have some unmounted zoas frags floating around the sand bed you are more than welcome to have (gratis). Will bring them along.

Interested in a toadstool leather? :)

absolutely. My finger leather has thrown a few buds as well, so i'm hoping we can get to where everybody gets something.

Hi Mike, this will by my first metting to attend, my husband and five year old will be with me if that is okay with you. I would like one of thos CDs as well. If you need me to do something let me know. I will bring some drinks and snacks. thanks theresa

I'm a new member and would like to try and attend the meeting. I'm in killeen, so its a bit of a drive, but will try to make it happen. I've been looking for an excuse to go to austin and check out a River city aquatics anyway. I've heard it's a pretty good shop.

Mike, what can we bring in the way of goodies?

wayneb

Glad you asked. :cool:

We'll have cups/plates/ice and will provide a few bottles of soda. Feel free to post here if you would like to bring drinks or snacks. Finger foods, chips, dips, etc will be welcome.

Kids are fine as well as long as they don't mind a friendly dog and slightly demonic cat. :)

Hey Seahorse, I have four Toadstoll Leathers on a rock. Because of rotator cuff surgery, my right shoulder is in a sling, if you want to break the rock, you can have the frag. My tanks are in Limbo at this time due to my limited mobility.

I had planned on bringing some baby CapnellaS (Kena Tree).

Mike, you are almost in Hays County. I often drive to Buda on FM 1626, coming from the west on FM 967.

Patrick

Hey Seahorse, I have four Toadstoll Leathers on a rock. Because of rotator cuff surgery, my right shoulder is in a sling, if you want to break the rock, you can have the frag. My tanks are in Limbo at this time due to my limited mobility.

Mike, you are almost in Hays County. I often drive to Buda on FM 1626, coming from the west on FM 967.

Patrick

Subsea, thanks for the offer, but I am trying to get rid of toadstool leathers myself :gun: I have 4 frags that I want to move out of my tank.

Patrick

Yeah, we're right on the edge of Manchaca. My wife works in Kyle and our son goes to school there, so it was a nice middle ground between my job in south Austin and hers. We're looking forward to seeing everyone!

As for you and seahorsej, feel free to bring your toadstools and I'm sure we can find them a home.

Several generous people have written asking what they can bring. Here's what we'll have:

• Cups/Plates/Napkins/Plasticware
  • Ice
  • Several liters of soda
  • Chips and queso

Feel free to bring:

• More drinks
  • Finger foods
  • Sweets (cookies, cupcakes, etc)
  • Chips
  • Dips
  • Anything obvious I'm not thinking of
  • Kids
  • Frags :D

If you're wanting to take any notes or pictures of the stand/canopy feel free to bring your camera and a notepad. I'm by no means a master craftsman, but we have several members who are, so in addition to my comments and lessons learned I'm sure we'll hear all sorts of tips and ideas on how I could have done things different or made them easier.

I wish this meeting wasn't so far south! I've been pondering building a stand for the 55g I'm getting up and running. It looks ugly and lonely sitting empty & standless in my garage right now.

Anyone one in the Killeen/ N of Austin area want to carpool? I'm trying to bug Teoahnna into it. ;)

Liz

Glad you asked. :)

We'll have cups/plates/ice and will provide a few bottles of soda. Feel free to post here if you would like to bring drinks or snacks. Finger foods, chips, dips, etc will be welcome.

Kids are fine as well as long as they don't mind a friendly dog and slightly demonic cat. :)

"slightly" and "demonic cat" don't go in the same sentence. It is always "overly" and "demonic".

Thank you Laura! If no one from way out here wants to carpool I will take you up on that offer. I have to head into Leander to pick up some stuff from GrimmReefer so you're just a hop and a skip from there.

What time are y'all heading out?

Liz

We are co-ordinating that today...please call me tomorrow and I can tell you for sure what time...I would think around 2:15 or so?? My van does seat 7, so I have a couple of open chairs if anyone else is interested....enter at your own risk...I drive like a New York maniac...:doh: