What's New

When I click on the down arrow, I get nothing. Any ideas? <BR><BR>Might have to do with pop-up blocking. It works on Firefox but not my IE8.

Yeah, stop using IE :lol:

Hmm... would be surprised if it is a pop-up blocker issue, as Firefox also has one.

Speed seems about the same to me. Also, I was surprised to find out that even with the new layout, I could still browse the site using my treo's lousy web browser, so no issues here.

Thanks for all your hard work on keeping things working!

Doesn't seem any slower. I like the "View New Content" and "Active Content in the last 24 hours". Is there a way we can edit the Active Content for ourselves or is that a fixed setting?

I'm still not seeing icons change in my rss feed after I open a thread. On a somewhat related note, I was having ongoing problems with firefox crashing every 3 or 4 days. I tried the standard things, but finally did a full reinstall. I was also hoping something might be off with my local settings and were interfereing with the rss feed, but after a fresh install the rss is still not updating.

There are no topic markers in the RSS feed. They are two different things. Visiting the site and reading the board changes the topic markers to "read". Having the rss feed in the reader shows you the first post of new topics.

"View New Content" really doesn't work like the old "View Recent Activity" link did...

Once you've looked at a thread it seems to disappear, even if there are new posts to it.

For example, the "Food Supplements" thread in the "Reef Keeping" forum. Once I posted to it it disappeared from the "View New Content" page...it hasn't come back, even though there have been many posts after mine.

There are currently 95 entries, dating back over a week (June 17th). Makes me wonder if it's going to keep every thread that I never visit in the list, no matter how old.

"View Recent Activity" used to show any threads that had been created/posted to since my last visit (no matter if I'd seen them, posted to them, etc...) with some threshold of new threads staying up all the time. But it was rarely, if ever, more than about 15-20 posts if I viewed daily (or several times a day, as the case may be)

Is there any way to make the "View New Content" link more similar to the old way? My main concern is to stop having posts disappear from the list, or at least have them come back to the list if someone posts to them after I visit/post to the thread.