What's New

New Features

New Default Skin

The new default skin focuses on usability and easy reading.

Friendly URLs

URLs to topics, forums, profiles, etc. are now formatted without a query string where possible. For example, austinreefclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2 becomes austinreefclub.com/forum/2-general-discussion/ which is much more human-readable and friendly to search engines.

Mass File Uploads

An optional flash-based upload system allows you to upload more than one file at a time from your computer to ARC.

Member Quick View

The member quick view popup(user_popup.png) allows you to have a quick look at a member anywhere their name is displayed. From this view you can quickly see more information about a member including what they are currently doing, their reputation, find their posts, and more without viewing their full profile.

Global Search

ARC is more than just a forum full of topics and posts. It allows for profiles, blogs, galleries, files, and more. ARC now has a global search feature that allows one search query to easily search all areas of the software suite. Previously, a member had to visit each subsection and submit their search query independently, which quickly got annoying.

BBCode Enhancements

The most flexible new bbcode is the media tag. This is a special, configurable tag that can be used to recognize media across the Internet. For example, by entering "

http://youtube.com/videolink

" ARC will recognize this as a YouTube video and display the video right in the post.

Personal Conversations

The personal messenger has been replaced with personal conversations which work much like PMs but allow for multiple participants. The conversation starter can invite others to participate and choose when to end a conversation.

Member Profiles

The new member profile pages have been enhanced to provide for more focus on a memberʼs postings in the forum, blog, and galleries. New features such as reputation (built from post-level ratings), user ratings, powerful custom profile fields admins can configure, flexible About Me section, and member status has also been added. The friends system is now mutual in that you have to be friends with each other to show up in the list.

Click "+" or "-" on a post to give or subtract a point. Once a certain threshold has been reached that post can be automatically hidden. Points are accumulated for a particular member giving them an overall reputation rating as well. Administrators can see how reputation is given. Please don't abuse this system.

FaceBook Connect

Connect your account to your FaceBook account for automatic syncing of your about me page, status, profile picture, and avatar.

Other Notes:

Premium Memberships

The facility to view your premium membership is temporarily disabled. They will continue to function as normal. If you have any questions about your membership, or if you would like to purchase a new membership, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Blog Themes

Blog themes will return as I find the time to convert them.

• Like 2

Like the look, but is there a tutorial somewhere?

On forum posts, I can see the original poster but don't see a "view last post" option. Does that tie into the "view new content" button?

Can you add a comma between the zip code and the phone number for each of the sponsors? When looking at the site on an iPhone, you can tap on the phone number and it will ask if you want to call it ... except, the iPhone is appending the zip code to the beginning of the number :lol:

This isn't a result of the switch over, but I just finally remembered to mention it.

Can you add a comma between the zip code and the phone number for each of the sponsors? When looking at the site on an iPhone, you can tap on the phone number and it will ask if you want to call it ... except, the iPhone is appending the zip code to the beginning of the number :lol:

This isn't a result of the switch over, but I just finally remembered to mention it.

Done. Excellent suggestion. There is a lofi skin that I can automatically map to mobile devices. But I didn't like it because it had no topic markers. There is plans to release a better mobile skin and if its any good I will install it here.

Done. Excellent suggestion. There is a lofi skin that I can automatically map to mobile devices. But I didn't like it because it had no topic markers. There is plans to release a better mobile skin and if its any good I will install it here.

That did the trick. Thanks :lol:

And a mobile specific skin would be nice. While not a forum, I noticed the other day that the-gadgeteer.com has a very nice easy-to-use mobile version of their site.

Can we get the "My Friends" pop up box back or am I missing something. The pop up box was a tad more convenient than using the "manage friends" from the drop down menu.

Also on the left of each PM I recieve is a small sliver of something (I'm thinking it's the senders Avatar) when I clicl on it sents me to senders proflie. Should it be a sliver or the whole avatar?

Dave-

I'm not seeing that image on any of the pages...

Can we get the "My Friends" pop up box back or am I missing something. The pop up box was a tad more convenient than using the "manage friends" from the drop down menu.

Also on the left of each PM I recieve is a small sliver of something (I'm thinking it's the senders Avatar) when I clicl on it sents me to senders proflie. Should it be a sliver or the whole avatar?

Dave-

Try clearing your browsers cache and delete your cookie by hitting the "Delete My Cookies" link at the bottom left of this page.

If you are using IE6 or lower then your experience will be degraded. IE6 has known compatibility issues with modern web standards which affect Web 2.0 applications such as this forum.