The Maroon Lagoon V2.0

You find me a house with a nice green house that gets the morning sun and I will will it with hydroponic tubs for corals and anemones. Until then, I'm not sure my marriage can withstand putting a hydroponic tub inside the house...

Start saving those pennies sir! You skipped on the last house I found you with a green house and a huge wooden deck with a tree growing out of it. [emoji12]
  • Like 1

You find me a house with a nice green house that gets the morning sun and I will will it with hydroponic tubs for corals and anemones. Until then, I'm not sure my marriage can withstand putting a hydroponic tub inside the house...

Start saving those pennies sir! You skipped on the last house I found you with a green house and a huge wooden deck with a tree growing out of it. [emoji12]

Yeah, but corals don't grow so great in the shade, and that yard was allllll shade [emoji856]

Just ordered a replacement motorblock from Royal Exclusiv USA for my Bubble King Mini 200. I have been running my old Vertex skimmer for the past 2 months in it's place and it definitely doesn't pull out as much as the BK does, but honestly I haven't seen a real change in the tank. Nutrient levels are still super low, I still have patches of cyano in lower flow areas of the tank, and the corals don't seem to have reacted any differently to a smaller skimmer. I'm not convinced right now of any benefits of over skimming vs. under skimming, at least from my own observations lately. Perhaps I'm not focusing hard enough on the small details. Either way I'll be happy to get the BK back in the sump and running soon.

Will Clamuel L Jackson be joining soon? I was eaten by a shark! This is how I talk! <---shout out to Dave Chappelle.

I'm not sure if I want to consolodate Clamuel L Jackson, Clams Armstrong, Alexander Clam Bell, AND Sir Clamington all onto the same rock. I love the look of multiple clams close together, but there's also something beautiful about those gems spaced out throughout the tank.

The wife is also lobbying to change the name of the tank to Buckingclam Palace. She is, after all, Queen of Puns.

• Like 4

Not entirely sure what's going on yet, but apparently the pH probe for the CaRX went haywire last night and had my CO2 running all night long. 1/4 of my reactor media was dissolved and the pH is still reading 12.2 after trying to clean it of any bubbles or debris. Not sure if the probe itself went bad or if there is corrosion on the wire. Always a fun thing to deal with before leaving town. [emoji29]

9b72dd66cdf18b996c08ef34d5e746f5.jpg

03b0c02d2662311d9fce5864331b9669.jpg

What is happening? pH probe malfunction?

Nevermind, read the post before it. I know it doesn't help now but for future use, I like to program something like "If pH2 > 8.8, CO2 off" to cover probe malfunction. I also do the same for my heater. "If temp <73 heater off" to cover temp probe malfunction so it doesn't boil my tank.

Yeah this definitely was a wake up call to build in some more fail safes in the programming. Luckily I was there to catch it. Still not sure what's going on. I cleaned the probe, but there was nothing really to clean off. I reset the probe in the aquabus a couple of times and that seems to have done the trick. The connections are definitely looking a little corroded so I think I'll have to clean them off and put some grease on to protect it from further corrosion.

• Like 3

The tank hasn't seemed to have had an adverse reaction. Luckily my effluent flow rate is just a drip and the CO2 flow rate is higher and displaced the water to the point that only CO2 was coming out of the effluent line, and not super concentrated slurry. I haven't tested my alk yet, been too busy trying to clean the probe connections and swap out EB8s. Some warm water and baking soda really did the trick on the aquabus connections, looking much better and the pH is responding accurately again.

• Like 1

i dig being able to read both new an old post fm the adv ppl and different stuff they deal with i hope at some point ill get there an im learning a bit more so when i have an apex or what ever automated system an some of the higher end stuff ill be able to learn it easier and remember some of the stuff other people going through it thanks guys all good info

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news in the maroon lagoon today. Had to frag a few branches off a couple corals for the first time out of necessity for the first time ever, and my mandarins started breeding tonight. Hard to tell at night in the dark, but here's a blurry photo

f2a33aa03092940e4977019fff44423b.jpg

Edited by Gig 'em @ NDstructible
  • Like 2