The Maroon Lagoon V2.0

How do you set it up to bypass the DI stage?

If you look to the right of the pressure gauge you'll see a T in the line that goes to the DI stage.

Put a Ball Valve on it to allow the water to go out there instead of going to the Di. I have another ball valve on the Di output that I close while I do this.

Then close it and open the valve after the Di to make water for the tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ooooh, yeah that reminds me it's about time to change out my membrane. They last about a year before recommended changing them out right?

On BRS it says 2 years. But I'm sure it all depends on how well you keep maintenance up and keep it running efficiently.

Ooooh, yeah that reminds me it's about time to change out my membrane. They last about a year before recommended changing them out right?

Most can last 3-5 years. It really depends on how much you use them and also the frequency of your prefilter changes. A quick reading of your TDS into the membrane and out of the membrane should tell you if you need to replace it. For instance, if you're running the 75 GPD Filtec membrane from BRS, it has a 99% rejection rate. If you are getting more than 1% TDS (say more than 3 TDS out of 300 TDS going in) making it through your membrane, probably a good idea to replace.
  • Like 1

Quick update on the tank. Corals are rebounding from the down slide. I changed a few factors so it's impossible to tell the culprit, but I'm convinced it was the DI resin.

Full tank shot this morning:

a82431d74ce6d18d124cc9bc72d2f96d.jpg

Frag bridge is coming along nicely, won't be called drag bridge for long at this rate of growth

57c71e58c4cfcfa4fb1eeafcba9c36e8.jpg

Stag island

d10fc8dd685ac0cd9efee204d95ff93a.jpg

Anemone island

30938a1906483da3a2e62a003628a492.jpg

Edited by Gig 'em @ NDstructible
  • Like 4

Everything is looking great

Thanks Jimbo!

ill say man thats nice how, can i get my tank to look that nice, im still trying

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

It has taken me years to get to this point haha. My first salt water tank was probably over 14 years ago and I started keeping SPS "successfully" 8 years ago. Still haven't perfected the hobby and I'll lose corals from time to time. There's so much to learn and so much to go wrong in the hobby. Patience and diligence is key! You'll get here eventually after many hours of research and trial and error.

that last part must be for me thanks i only have about 10 or 15 good days a mo an i just started this yr, i got a ton to learn and i think it will get better once im done with my build an have a sump and mix station tied in its been alot harder than i thought but each time i see one of your adv members displays it keeps me goings, truth be told i didnt think id get this far, so i work on my tanks when im feeling good an its getting there, ive been getting my brother to lift water jugs i just remind him how many times I help him back before my auto accident, his been good to help

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I went big and bought a blue squamosa clam and I currently have it in the QT. I put it one a piece of calcified sand so I could easily move it into the DT when it was cleared to go. I went home this afternoon to feed the fish and it had jumped from the sand up onto the rock work! Can't say I've ever seen a clam move so much...

93d254b59495e87dbabdf387fe4f7ace.jpg

• Like 2

That sand really does look radioactive. In fact I think I've seen something similar used to power starships' warp drives, lol.

That clam is beautiful in this lighting though! Which means it must be even more amazing in person, as well as obviously quite healthy if it's doing all that moving around.

Edited by Peter Gott
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...