Isaac's 180+

Isaac

2 minutes ago, Rocks Reef said:

You don't need to overfeed to get it working. It will take time to start to grow. At first, you will get like a slime layer on the screen. Remove that after about a week. You will slowly start seeing the green algae taking hold. Mine took about 2 weeks to start growing green algae...now, it grows it like crazy!! If you need help, contact me. 

yup, thats what i've read so far.  i was hoping seeding it would speed that up.  the overfed part is once it takes hold and removes tooo much.

I used this as a good reference... its pretty old (2011!)  http://algaescrubber.net/forums/showthread.php?1291-Algae-Scrubber-Basics-The-Summary

its apparent i need to upgrade my manifold pump from dc-9000 to dc-12000 to get even flow on this.  That link above has this tidbit:

image.png

my screen has about 1/3 of that, which is more obvious today with the streaks of growth. bleh.

well... i'd rather get things corrected upfront.. its still early on :)  plus the DT could benefit for slightly high flow.  been debating a stronger pump for awhile, this just pushed it over the edge.

Isaac, you've forgotten more about reefing than I'll ever know, but for the love of watching pots, LEAVE IT ALONE!! Let that sucker work for a week or two before you try and fix it!
You told me that line too... I feel so cheap and dirty now...

1 minute ago, FarmerTy said:
12 minutes ago, BobcatReefer said:
Isaac, you've forgotten more about reefing than I'll ever know, but for the love of watching pots, LEAVE IT ALONE!! Let that sucker work for a week or two before you try and fix it!

You told me that line too... I feel so cheap and dirty now...

only "feel?"  muahahaha

15 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
21 minutes ago, Isaac said:
only "feel?"  muahahaha

Laugh now until he tells the same line to the next person... You'll feel like last week's skimmate.

so, are you the pot or the kettle?

refilled/swapped co2 tank!  (this way i can look back and see when my last one was)  June 1, 2017 was the last one, thats ~9 months.. apropos, since im growing and birthing corals,  muahahahahaaa :) 

so its hard to see between 8 and 9.. but 9 has more "fluff" which means it appears sections are starting to grow GHA, while other sections are still in "slime" mode. The whole reason i needed this was my frag tank has been growing GHA like nuts.  now that the scrubber is running, i'm gonna have to manually clean as much GHA from the frag tank today and not run the lights for a couple days.... so next couple days might actually show some sizable growth.

i hate GHA.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Christyef said:

Fluconazole did magic for my GHA/bryopsis

its not in my DT, so didnt wanna go there yet.  if the scrubber works, its a longer lasting method... side effect of nutrient export.    took me 4hrs to clean and scrape off all the frags and tank... my frag tank is 1/4 the size of @FarmerTy's... i cant even imagine having to clean his!  he'd have to pay me in many frags.

its not in my DT, so didnt wanna go there yet.  if the scrubber works, its a longer lasting method... side effect of nutrient export.    took me 4hrs to clean and scrape off all the frags and tank... my frag tank is 1/4 the size of [mention=463]FarmerTy[/mention]'s... i cant even imagine having to clean his!  he'd have to pay me in many frags.
Clean and scrape? I've outsourced that to a foxface.

That's my form of currency these days. What's it going to take to repair my car man? Give it to me straight... 6 frags? 8 frags? 10?!!!?