Isaac's 180+

Isaac

welp, for $33 every 6mo, im not gonna worry about it too much :)   the bubblecounter dries up pretty quick w/ just ro/di, i put half vegetable glycerin/rodi this time around.  this way when the water evaps, theres still something there.  I've noticed when my water evaps, it tends to clog.. who knows why, just does.  we'll see if adding some VG to the mix helps.

leaving this here....  jebao dct apex connectivity:

dct bridge: http://www.fish-street.com/aqlink-a1-wifi-jebao-maxspect-controller

DIY: https://www.banggood.com/Brushless-DC-Motor-Drive-Board-Controller-5V-12V-No-Hall-p-1020959.html  or  https://www.amazon.com/Doradus-Brushless-Motor-Controller-5V-12V/dp/B01KDVOOWA remove the POT and put the 0-10v varspeed from apex inline.

I have a DC-9000, but if i ever need a replacement or upgrade, pasting these for ref!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 2:09 PM, Isaac said:

who has an apex online willing to test a new ARC feature out thats not completely ready for all yet? :)

I have mine online through the Fusion interface... will that help?

So i picked up a milwaukee MA887, yesterday (thanks ross!), calibrated it, and ran my water... ugh. 32.  which still in range, really makes some of my struggles make sense now.  gonna take a reading a couple more times throughout the day before i adjust salinity accordingly.   if you use anything else, throw it away, get one of these.

So i picked up a milwaukee MA887, yesterday (thanks ross!), calibrated it, and ran my water... ugh. 32.  which still in range, really makes some of my struggles make sense now.  gonna take a reading a couple more times throughout the day before i adjust salinity accordingly.   if you use anything else, throw it away, get one of these.

I love mine!
  • Like 1

my manifold has a "bypass" extra valve... so im using this to raise my salinity.  very low flow, through a cup fill w/ 1cup of salt.   once a day, raises it slow about .7ppt (well, /7ppt over last day anyways). gotta love smoky moes cups, eh @Christyef?

20170627_114721 (Medium).jpg

• Like 1

on a related note, i ordered (same-day amazon..makes me so lazy) some mortons pickling salt and will be making calibration solution.  if you are in RR (or beyond) and want some, i can make a larger amount to split off.  just bring a bottle.  ill be calibrating my calibration solution w/ my calibrator (MA887) which was recently calibrated (OEM solution which is under a year old).  if you have a MA887 and wanna test my tested tester, please come on over and test it... make it more valid! :)  

my head hurts from writing in circles now.

• 1 month later...

finally took the plunge... a frag tank!  

20170806_224611~01.jpg

its running vinegar at the moment.  still debating if i want to figure out some water exchange w/ the main tank, or isolate it.anyone know of a dual peristaltic pump w/ a single motor?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Isaac said:

finally took the plunge... a frag tank!  

20170806_224611~01.jpg

its running vinegar at the moment.  still debating if i want to figure out some water exchange w/ the main tank, or isolate it.anyone know of a dual peristaltic pump w/ a single motor?

Frag tank!  What a copy cat!  :P

I like it sir!  If you are using it to store new frags, then independent of possible.  If you are using it to store frags of your own corals you'll be selling, then plumb it in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Frag tank!  What a copy cat!  :P

I like it sir!  If you are using it to store new frags, then independent of possible.  If you are using it to store frags of your own corals you'll be selling, then plumb it in.

thats was my exact frame of thought.  I designed an overflow lastnight (or wee early this morning)  

cleaned, plumbed up... waiting overnight for glue. using tiny pump temp...

20170808_201238 (Medium).jpg

20170808_201244 (Medium).jpg

The 3d printed overflow w/ minimal clearance for it.......

20170808_201255 (Medium).jpg 20170808_201306 (Medium).jpg

and drains plumbed bypassing fuge to sump in garage...

20170808_201347 (Medium).jpg

now tomorrow the trick is gonna be starting that siphon.....twice..  ugh.

ok, looking for a decent light in the 50-100 range... anyone? :)

• Like 1

Darn thing leaked in between layers.  super slow leak, but still.  Reprinting after researching more w/ PETG and watertight in mind.

4 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Nice job man! Definitely taking good advantage of that 3D printer.

Aquarium was my primary excuse for getting it.... I just had to learn everything before i even tried!  Gotta wait like 18hrs this time.